2 Buffalo From One Stand

In this hypothetical scenario, how poor am I??? Like real life poor, or can I pretend I have lots of money?

If money is no object, it seems like it would be fun. I see it as setting up a scenario for a bad problem with a wounded buff. I think you increase the likelihood of wounded the second buff. Two wounded buff would be a nightmare.
We had a version of this happen last year. My son shot his Buffalo, 2 quick shots with his .375 H&H and 300 grain TSX’s. The buffalo went 20 or 30 yards, fell over and gave a long death bellow. The 2 bulls with him didn’t run off, so Alan motioned for me to come forward and shoot one. I got positioned and shot my Buffalo, taking several quick shots. My bull was down in short order and we turned to admire my son’s bull, which had been down maybe 20 yards from where mine fell. It was gone!

We ended up tracking my sons bull a bit over 2 kilometers, which was interesting since it was on its side making death moans before getting up when I started shooting the other bull. There was only a very large pool of lung blood but no buffalo. Once we caught up to his bull, a couple more quick shots by my son and it was down for good. But, they were about 1 1/4 miles apart so we couldn’t take pictures of them together.

It made a great tracking hunt a lot more interesting, that was for sure!
 
Just to add, I have no indifference with whatever hunters do as long as legal and ethical to you and where you are hunting. I was just curious to others thoughts. Some good points have been raised.(y)
 
Two very nice bulls as well. That’s a no brainer. What a great finish!
 
  • Like
Reactions: JHT
View attachment 638256
@Ruraldoc is right. I killed these two buffalo within 5 seconds of each other on the last day of a grueling 10-day hunt. Up until this moment, I had not seen a buffalo. I consider it my greatest day in the field and if I had it to do over, I would do it 1000% the same.
Awesome! Both great bulls, great shooting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JHT

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,096
Members
169,698
Latest member
EZLFaustin
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top