1986 Land Cruiser Safari Truck

Nice rig, but right hand drive. Good luck with the sale.
Well it makes sense to put the steering wheel in the right place.
CBHAUSTRALIA.

Well it makes sense to put the steering wheel in the right place.
CBHAUSTRALIA.
I rented a car in Australia. Every time i went to make a turn, the windshield wiper came on instead of the turn signal. Met a young couple from the States who had a rented car as well. I asked if they had an issue with the wipers and they both laughed and said yes on every turn:)

Damned upside down cars;)

I did the same with the HJ79 in my avatar. Rebuilt it from scratch. Got caught at a weak moment and sold it. Wish I had it back!! Mine was the diesel, 5 speed, seats upholstered in brown elephant. Geez, what was I thinking!!!

Well @roverandbrew quick here is a chance to get out of your broken Land rover :A Thumbs Up:

I think he keeps the extra land rovers in his garage just so he has spare parts on hand for the one he likes to drive… :)

I did the same with the HJ79 in my avatar. Rebuilt it from scratch. Got caught at a weak moment and sold it. Wish I had it back!! Mine was the diesel, 5 speed, seats upholstered in brown elephant. Geez, what was I thinking!!!

The restored ‘73 Bronco is not for sale, I’ll keep that one and my kids can fight over it when I’m gone.

I have a 1993 Landcruiser HZJ73 - RH drive. After several years of driving it I STILL do the wiper deal when making a turn - for the first mile or two. Sometimes I go to the passenger door to get in and drive. But all my other vehicles, including my TLC road car are LH drive - lame excuse! . I do gets a lot of thumbs up from people who like it.

To all the Land Rover haters. I have never had any issues with any of mine. Just maintain them and they are fine

To all the Land Rover haters. I have never had any issues with any of mine. Just maintain them and they are fine
@norfolk shooter
Perhaps if you drove it instead of your EV it would have issues.
Ifn you never drive it it's fine.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

I have a friend who has a business devoted to repairing and restoring Land Rover Decemders. He is making a good living at it.

I’ve often heard……

If you want to get deep into the bush, buy a Land Rover. If you want to get back, buy a Land Cruiser.

My apologies.

For the adventure enthusiast, these Land Cruisers are vastly over rated. Go Land Rover every time. With the Rovers I have, 1. broken down in Kyrygzstan at night, had to build a fire and drink vodka until morning 2. Broken down in Bolivia, and had to walk to a Menonite farm and beg to be rescued, and 3. Broken down in Damaraland and got towed to a village by a Land Cruiser. None of these adventures would have been likely with the above Land Cruiser. No sir......the REAL adventure begins with a Rover...........FWB

Sitting around a fire in Limpopo several years ago, my PH got into an argument over his Land Rover vs. the camp owners Land Cruiser.

I mentioned that you could always tell the guys with the Land Rovers we obviously quite successful fellows who had figured out how to make really good money (the PH's chest was swelling) ...... Because they obviously needed to be able to afford the parts and repairs!

The Land Cruiser guy spit out his beer and about fell off his chair as the air came out the PH like his balloon was popped;)

Sitting around a fire in Limpopo several years ago, my PH got into an argument over his Land Rover vs. the camp owners Land Cruiser.

I mentioned that you could always tell the guys with the Land Rovers we obviously quite successful fellows who had figured out how to make really good money (the PH's chest was swelling) ...... Because they obviously needed to be able to afford the parts and repairs!

The Land Cruiser guy spit out his beer and about fell off his chair as the air came out the PH like his balloon was popped;)

Hope that was at the end of the hunt.

In the UK LR parts are cheap. Im an engineer and find them easy to work on. Plus I used them in the army so im familiar with how they work.
If we all drove the same cars life would be boring

In the UK LR parts are cheap. Im an engineer and find them easy to work on. Plus I used them in the army so im familiar with how they work.
If we all drove the same cars life would be boring
I wasn't saying the parts are expensive... rather just the shear volume of parts he was putting into it;)

But I hear what you're saying. I've had those machines I've liked to, in spite of the issues:)

I wasn't saying the parts are expensive... rather just the shear volume of parts he was putting into it;)

But I hear what you're saying. I've had those machines I've liked to, in spite of the issues:)
Only cars ive sold and made money on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindaParte

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.