1903 Mannlicher Help

Attachments

As long as you use round nose bullets you will not have any feeding issues. This rifle is the best stalking and still hunting rifle ever designed. Commercial ammo is still available from Norma and Privi I believe. The wood on the pictured rifle is outstanding. They are not easily scoped by design as scopes were not in wide usage at the time of their design. If you are willing to deal with the open sight issue you will own a piece of history that has still not been improved upon for its intended purpose. I am the proud owner of a model 1905 In 9x56 MS made in 1921. I have taken deer and wild boar with it.

Can I 'Like' this one again?
 
From what I can see in the two photos, this appears to be a Haenel-Mannlicher not an MS1903. The Schnabel fore end, barrel lug, octagon barrel, and receiver lug thru-bolt are classic of Haenels. There also appears to be "cheeks" on the stock but they have been sanded down with the refinish. Please see this article in Gun Digest by Terry Weiland: https://gundigest.com/gun-reviews/early-german-bolt-action-sporters-set-standard

In any case, you have yourself a beautiful rifle!

MS Haenel Ad 01.jpeg


MS Mannlicher (Haenel) Repeating Rifles Ad 1908.png


Mauser Haenel (2).jpg

A Haenel Mauser
 

Attachments

  • MS Haenel Ad 01.jpg
    MS Haenel Ad 01.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 121
The problem in the US is none of the better gunsmiths will work on them as they are all but impossible to make feed once they jam up and most are complete ruined once the are worked on. I ve been down that road twice with oh yeah I can fix it!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,757
Members
169,410
Latest member
tealish
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top