1885 Safari single shot rifle

Yes, both...........Damn big fun too........ Moose was a hoot, I love/hate Alaska. After 3 days chasing a big moose, I am sick of this crap, rain/cold, moose shows up, I tell guide we are shooting this moose, End of story. Iron sights, I don't see well in the brush, so moose is trotting by about 25-30 yards, I shoot, my guide thinks I shot him in the ass, but what happened I hit a 3 inch diameter tree 5-6 yards in front of the moose, blew out chunks of wood on the moose's rear end....... Running after the moose, reloading on the way, moose stops I hit him again broadside shoulder..... Moose turns, goes down. After we did the skinning, found both bullets 2 inches apart on the hide far side shoulder. One did not have its jacket. Shooting 350 Hornady back in those days, 2128 fps in that gun with RL 7. I went back to the scene, cut out the section of tree out that the bullet penetrated, brought it home and have it here to this day. I shoot lots of trees when I was in the field...... If possible I collect them. That Hornady did its job, shed its jacket and went like a laser to where it was aimed, slowed the moose down enough for me to run him down.......... That was 20 years ago, I could run faster............LOL.......

View attachment 419661

Oh yes, I looked again this morning too................ That is a nice nice looking rifle............very tempting..............
I'm with you on love/hate AK. Beautiful country, but man does the weather suck at times! I've spent roughly 24 days chasing brown bear up there, and only shot one black bear. No shot at a brown. Cold, miserable,.MOSQUITOES, damp, no fire wood, MOSQUITOES, and did I mention MOSQUITOES?

As for the Uberti 45/120, If it weren't for that cresent butt plate, I'd be placing a bid myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my single shot .375. I think more people need one.

IMG_E5346 (1).JPG

The real question why would you custom chamber a single shot for a rimless cartridge that you have to make from difficult to source brass?
@Forrest Halley
I was asked the same question when I built my 25.
Simple answer is because I want to and can.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!