www.davefreeburn.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
PHASA, DSC, SCI, HSC, WSF
Hunted
RSA, Cameroon, USA, Zambia, Zimbabwe
8 Night Zebra cull hunt for 10 x Zebra in South Africa.

$5 500 all inclusive package:

The hunt will take place on 54,000 acres among 4 of the Big Five.

Package includes:

10 Burchell Zebras. You will be hunting a mix of Stallions and Mares. Last game count in 2020 revealed over 680 on the property. So lots of opportunity.

Hunter keeps the skins. Method of hunt will be spot and stalk, blind, all methods.

- Services of a licensed Big 5 Professional Hunter. Hunt will be based on 1 PH x 1 Hunter.

- Fully equipped 4 x 4 vehicle.
- Road transfers to and from JHB International Airport. 3.5 Hour Drive.
- 8 Night’s accommodation, 7 full hunting days.
- All meals during contracted Safari dates. Mainly venison prepared dishes.
- All drinks including Bottled water, Beer, Wine and Alcohol.
- Skinners, trackers, camp staff and game scouts.
- Field prep of trophies and delivery to our preferred taxidermist.
- Daily laundry.

Package excludes:

- Accommodation before or after the contracted safari dates.
- Rifle rental at $45 per day. Includes ammunition. Choose between 30.06 and .300 win mag. Or bring your own rifle. Rifle import permit at $160 per rifle.
- Dipping, packaging and shipping to final destination.
- Staff tips & Gratuities.
- Additional trophy animals can be added as per price list

Alternatively, you can add 3 days to your already booked safari for $2,200.

This separate package includes 4 Zebra and 3 night’s accommodation.

Dates can be discussed around your already booked Safari.

IMG_8239.jpg
IMG_2642.JPG
IMG_7815.JPG
Zebra.JPG
DSC_0781.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I did this hunt with Dave last year, with Carl as my PH. This was one of the most challenging hunts you will ever do. The property is huge and bush is extremely thick. Hunted from sun-up to sun-down every day. Ended up with 9 zebras and Dave let me take a blue wildebeast in place of my 10th zebra. Hunted all 7 days and took my last zebra on the last day. Atherstone is something you have to experience. Elephant, white rhino, black rhino, cape buffalo, were seen up close during the 7 days. Along with leopard tracks on the roads every day. Dave has a great lodge, excellent staff, and I would hunt with Carl again in a heartbeat. If you want something different consider doing this. Can't wait to see 9 Zebra pedestal mounts in my house.

Dave, does this hunt take place in the Limpopo area?

Dave, does this hunt take place in the Limpopo area?
Hi Sir,
Yes it does. It’s in the far western part of Limpopo. Closest town would be Thabazimbi if the that helps.

I did this hunt with Dave last year, with Carl as my PH. This was one of the most challenging hunts you will ever do. The property is huge and bush is extremely thick. Hunted from sun-up to sun-down every day. Ended up with 9 zebras and Dave let me take a blue wildebeast in place of my 10th zebra. Hunted all 7 days and took my last zebra on the last day. Atherstone is something you have to experience. Elephant, white rhino, black rhino, cape buffalo, were seen up close during the 7 days. Along with leopard tracks on the roads every day. Dave has a great lodge, excellent staff, and I would hunt with Carl again in a heartbeat. If you want something different consider doing this. Can't wait to see 9 Zebra pedestal mounts in my house.
Thanks for the report Edd. Very much appreciated.

Dave, I'd do this again but I don't think my wife can handle 19 Zebra pedestal mounts. Hope everything is well with you and your family. Tell Carl I said hello.

Dave, I'd do this again but I don't think my wife can handle 19 Zebra pedestal mounts. Hope everything is well with you and your family. Tell Carl I said hello.
that might be pushing it. We have been blessed with good rains this year. We burnt over 10,000 acres on Atherstone last year so the bush is looking good. Will let Carl know you send your regards.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

@DAVE FREEBURN SAFARIS Are you still doing this? I have shot 3 zebra in the last few years. First two never got shipped as the outfitter went out of business due to medical bills and subsequently died. Last year's zebra was not skinned properly, and the skin was ruined when it arrived in the USA.

So, a cull hunt on the way to one of my regular hunts elsewhere in Africa might work logistically and provide me with a multitude of skins for rugs etc..

Hi Tanks,
I’m waiting for our quota for 2024. We were supposed to take off 400 zebra this year but due to bad planning that was out of our control not one was culled.
We are actually doing a game count today to see what the off take will be for 2024. Last years count was just shy of 1400 Zebra on 54,000 acres
Will keep you posted.

What kind of shot distances are usually presented in that type terrain?
I can imagine, if allowed, a long range setup would shorten the curve and get more zebra on the ground. Of course, after proven @ the range, are there limits to shot distances? I’m not one to stir up bs over ethics, just a question with all due respect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noafrica4me

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you