1000 + rounds and going well

Beefeater

AH member
Joined
Oct 12, 2023
Messages
41
Reaction score
131
I got my mod 70 safari express in about 2019. Currently half way through with my 13 th 1 lb can of Varget. At 76 grains per load behind a 400 gr barnes tsx (and a few swift breakaway solids) gives me over 1000 rounds down the barrel. Busy sighting in off the lead slead at 100 m today and this was the final 2 shot group for the day .
20240615_170535.jpg
 
What caliber? I'm guessing your rifle is a 416 Rem Mag.
 
That is a great load and shooting. Do you know what velocity you are getting?
 
I got my mod 70 safari express in about 2019. Currently half way through with my 13 th 1 lb can of Varget. At 76 grains per load behind a 400 gr barnes tsx (and a few swift breakaway solids) gives me over 1000 rounds down the barrel. Busy sighting in off the lead slead at 100 m today and this was the final 2 shot group for the day .View attachment 613676

Well done! I have the .375HH version with likely about the same number of rounds thru it. It has never cast a shadow at the gunsmith's shop and shoots like yours when I do my job.
 
That is a great load and shooting. Do you know what velocity you are getti
Thank you - I do make use of a Chronograph and archive between 2380 and 2390 fps. I have recently bumped the load up to 77 grains and now get around 2420 fps. Not a massive difference but still just feels right.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,277
Messages
1,570,358
Members
168,876
Latest member
MarylynEdd
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top