ZIMBABWE: Short Zimbabwe Hunt

Kevin, as always a wonderful recap of a great adventure.

Everyone is always enamored by your chariot :D. Just roughly, if you don't mind, what does one of these running, not in perfect condition, cost in your area?

Kevin, as always a wonderful recap of a great adventure.

Everyone is always enamored by your chariot :D. Just roughly, if you don't mind, what does one of these running, not in perfect condition, cost in your area?
About US$10k buck wild. You may get something perfect for that or need to slend $1k more maximum on new steering linkages, brake overhaul and reconditioning the radiator. Occasionally you get a good runner for about $5k.

About US$10k buck wild. You may get something perfect for that or need to slend $1k more maximum on new steering linkages, brake overhaul and reconditioning the radiator. Occasionally you get a good runner for about $5k.

That doesn't seem bad at all.

Great report. Sounds like a heck of a time.

Yeah I’d be all over that

Yeah I’d be all over that
Get one! No good for your paved roads, 70km/h top speed, but great for the ghammadullas.
Closest feel in a modern car is the little suzuki Jimny GX. Very basic, has a stick shift.

Wonderful hunt. Time well spent. Thanks for the report

I don’t see many around these parts and ones you do aren’t $5k . Closest thing we have are 1950 “Willies” left over from the military. Current place I hunt is unfortunately too dusty to drive one for pleasure.

@Kevin Peacocke ... I did not see this thread until today. As many have said, thank you so much for sharing.

There's a number of folks on this site that I've thought "They seem like they'd be a lot of fun to hunt with". You sir are way, way up on that list for me.

@Kevin Peacocke ... I did not see this thread until today. As many have said, thank you so much for sharing.

There's a number of folks on this site that I've thought "They seem like they'd be a lot of fun to hunt with". You sir are way, way up on that list for me.
Thanks TT, next time you come out to Africa we must get together. Kevin

Beautiful trip and great animals taken. I love the pictures of the Landis, and the one with all the 375s. Well done, and thank you again for takins us on one of your great adventures. :)

It is my great pleasure Happy Myles to share the joy I derive from the hunt and the safari with all of you, my AH friends. You know, I would come back to Africa, you don't have to face down a buff or an elephant, perhaps just take one impala with your favourite light rifle, and a brace of francolin with a 20 gauge. You are a hunter, a good hunter, and 83 is no line in the sand to change that. I can quarantee you won't go back home any older, maybe a bit younger!

Hi All and thanks to Kev for a great story.
I really enjoyed drifting through the mud and swamps in the old landies they never stuck once. it was like being on another planet. There were two Cruiser men with us and both are sold on SWB landies for mud work both said the Cruisers would have bogged down in 5 minutes. Secret is these little beauts are very lightweight and rugged with serious clearance, they drift effortlessly across the top..
Now on to other things, we hunted, yes, but in between we took time to make some great photographs and more importantly have some fun. A couple of tagger onneres were teenagers from across the pond - so one fine afternoon i issued a challenge. Swim across the dam to the far side..a race. They took me up. My poor weary 60+yr old bod was taxed to the limit i made it but just. Still its always fun to do adventure and live life to the fullest.
The evenings' were classic, mopani smoke and flames, good food and wine etc. good company, stories abundant and as always the allure of Africa- the sights, the sounds the smells. I cant wait for our next adventure, coming up soon.

@Kevin Peacocke, thanks for the report and pictures. Really enjoy reading your stories and the old school character of the hunts.

Well done sir, well done indeed!

Great hunting report. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing your short adventure with us.

I always appreciate the nostalgia you bring to the forum with your writings and comments.

Kevin,

Just noticed this writeup. Love your stories as always. Thanks for taking us on the adventure with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg