Best calibre to shoot Lion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chopperdan

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
JUST GOT BACK from a great Lion hunt Safari in Zimbabwe with Jimba Safari's! This is the Second safari with this outfit and PH Wayne Dietrichsen.
We hunted near Hwange national park. We had been tracking a pride of lions, around 15 or so and on the 4th day, early in the a.m. this HUGE lion was with the pride. I shot .416 remington magnum and my son followed up with a 7mm. Down he went. As we approached these huge lionesses were in the bushes about 20 yards away growling like crazy at us. The PH shot in the air and they scattered. This was a fantastic hunt! We also shot, kudu, sable and a 14 ft croc in sijiaria camp at lake kariba. We caught tiger fish and had a blast!

DSC02185.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Dan, that is a great cat!

Fantastic! Thanks for posting that picture and report. Please share more pictures!

Thats an awesome cat! Well done to you!
Sounds like you had a great hunt.

Congrats, a great cat. Thanks for sharing !

Fantastic, a lion of a lifetime.

Beautiful lion!

HI calling attention of Wayne of Jimba , Hi there were groupof my clients from Philippines, jess is following up his ele and leopard of gov we need taxidermist number or contact fro a clue of our capes status, since Sept 2013 to follo up orders delivery , no communications wiht you no reply emials ...pls answer abck status thnx, cehck your email stil no replies form u thnx fro ur kind attention and reply

HI calling attention of Wayne of Jimba , Hi there were groupof my clients from Philippines, jess is following up his ele and leopard of gov we need taxidermist number or contact fro a clue of our capes status, since Sept 2013 to follo up orders delivery , no communications wiht you no reply emials ...pls answer abck status thnx, cehck your email stil no replies form u thnx fro ur kind attention and reply

Likely pretty busy hunting at the moment. Tis the hunting season.
I'll send a request to reply here.

I sent an email to every address on their website, agents included, asking for a reply.
Hope they can get back.

Last edited:
That lion is just a beast.....once in a life.......congrat´s, couldn´t be better.....!!!!!

Thank´s for sharing.....!!!!!

HI calling attention of Wayne of Jimba , Hi there were groupof my clients from Philippines, jess is following up his ele and leopard of gov we need taxidermist number or contact fro a clue of our capes status, since Sept 2013 to follo up orders delivery , no communications wiht you no reply emials ...pls answer abck status thnx, cehck your email stil no replies form u thnx fro ur kind attention and reply[/QUOTE

Mack I am Jimbas agent/patner please send any email to ScottOutdoors@hotmail.com and I will 100% make certain our taxidermist responds. Zimbabwe is in the process of making all export permits viewable online which we hope speeds up the export time, that being said a year to 16 months is about the norm currently. I would also like to mention that Stan Christiansen has just taken the new archery world record leopard with us scoring 17 inches and a live weight of 192 pounds!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a reply from Jimba today and I'd suggest you contact them directly.
Although Wayne is out hunting at the moment.
I see SafariSean has replied with an offer to help.

Here is the direct email: wayned@zol.co.zw

Great thanks for all your kind help all set with Jimba and taxidermist fro our ele and leopard, communications established DONE !!!

I have a reply from Jimba today and I'd suggest you contact them directly.
Although Wayne is out hunting at the moment.
I see SafariSean has replied with an offer to help.

Here is the direct email: wayned@zol.co.zw

All is done an dgood and contacted thanks Brickburn and all appreciate it, Wayne and his JIMBA crew are great team !!!

Welcome. Glad you are set.
Please do post some pictures of your trophies when you get them home.
I'd love to see them.

Chopper Dan that is a massive Lion! How will you have him mounted?

HI Brickburn help please, if you may kindly, i spoke to Matt our Jimba- Zimbabwe taxidermist and he still needs docs from Wayne , we cc the email but no reply , to wayne , your kind follow up is appreciated for our Ele and leopard please, thanks once again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg