Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Just completed a 10 day buffalo/plains game hunt with John Sharp in late May, 2015. I booked the hunt based on what I read and learned on this website and was not disappointed. We hunted in the Bubye Valley Conservancy (BVC), about a 4 hour drive south of Bulawayo. One of the pleasant surprises was how nice the airport was in Bulawayo and how hassle free it was to get in and out. John met me at the airport and we drove straight to BVC. I think BVC is about 800,000 acres and there are about 8 different camps. We were at Chamalaya Camp and it was just me, the PH and trackers. The photos on the website don't do the camps justice. They are much nicer than they appear. Very nice and comfortable and even had internet. BVC has an abundance of wildlife. I saw the Big 5 and took several nice plains game. I did not take a buffalo, but we were close to them nearly every day. That's hunting. I hope to go back and hunt again with John Sharp. John's great reputation is well deserved. Both he and his tackers are top notch and really put in the effort. A friend and co-worker of mine also hunted in the BVC with another PH, Dave Langerman. Great reports on this hunt too.

Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 1.32.57 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like a great trip
love to see some photos ........
thanks for the report

Absolutely love the BVC. More game there than anywhere else. Lots of Lions and the Leopard hunting is just spectacular with huge cats. Sorry about the Buff, but it sounds like you still had a great time and experience. Seems a great outfitter can make all the difference even when things do not always go according to plan.

A few photos from my hunt w/ John Sharp, May 21-30, 2015, Bubye Valley Conservancy, Zimbabwe.

Attachments

• 2015 Zimbabwe with John Sharp Safaris.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 563
John is a brilliant operator, glad you had a great safari.

Congrats for the great hunt and nice trophies !

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the report. Enjoyed the photos.

Glad John did not disappoint, nor did the BVC.
Glad AH figured in your planning.

Congratulations.

Thanks for sharing your tale with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg