Zimbabwe - Currency

James.Grage

AH legend
Joined
Feb 8, 2010
Messages
3,597
Reaction score
889
Media
75
Articles
10
Hunting reports
Africa
8
Member of
NRA, ATA, PITA, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF, QU & PU
Hunted
USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
Posted on Thursday, 13 March 2014 15:23

Zimbabwe seeks Chinese, Indian and Australian currency circulation

By Janet Shoko


yuandollarreuters.jpg

Zimbabwean bankers have opened formal talks with China and India for the supply of the two Asian countries' currencies.
In January, the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) added four new currencies the Chinese yuan, Indian rupee, Japanese yen and Australian dollar - to the country's multi-currency basket.
We are currently in negotiations with the People's Bank of China and we will soon be engaging the central banks of India and Australia
Banks are already opening accounts denominated in the new currencies.
Bankers Association of Zimbabwe (Baz) vice president Sam Malaba said the negotiations were promising.
"We are currently in negotiations with the People's Bank of China and we will soon be engaging the central banks of India and Australia so that we can have their currencies circulating here" said Malaba.
BAZ is of the opinion that the adoption of more currencies will not only help ease the liquidity crunch but also help eliminate exchange hassles for business.
"The introduction of four new currencies will also assist in smothering trade with these countries," Malaba added.
In 2009, the country abandoned the worthless Zimbabwe dollar, ravaged by hyperinflation which topped 231 million percent, to adopt a multiple currency system, dominated by the United States dollar and South African rand.
The multi-currency system has not eased financial woes as an acute liquidity crisis persists.
Zimbabwe has ruled out chances of the local currency making a return soon.
 

Attachments

  • yuandollarreuters.jpg
    yuandollarreuters.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 173
That is really going to confuse the already confused ...........
 
So those 100 trillion dollar zim notes I have are worthless? If you can't trust the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, who can you trust now.:)
 
And I bet you each vendor has his own exchange rate...
 
Smoothering trade? Or did he mean smoothing maybe even smothering?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,379
Members
169,550
Latest member
XJBIlana52
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top