zambia

patsyzambia

AH senior member
Joined
Mar 10, 2011
Messages
53
Reaction score
109
Media
1
Member of
PHAZ. WPAZ
Hunted
zambia
hi all, new to this side of wildlife - always been in photographic before, now into ranching.
 
Welcome to AH patsyzambia! The Sable picture you posted is truly beautiful, thanks for sharing. For those who have not seen it yet, here it is...

watermark.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Are you going to be offering hunts?
 
Welcome Patsyzambia,

Do you have a Web? maybe next year...
 
That is a nice sable. When you mentioned ranching, is that ranching in Zambia with cattle of game?
 
what a beauty of a Sable!! Those points are very long!
 
hi patsy nice to see you finally made it onto this site. the full name is takeri private reserve, and there are no cattle on it. we run a limited amount of hunts on it , and also live sales of the animals. we also have apart from sable the following animals kafue lechwe, defassa waterbuck, eland, puku, bushbuck, reedbuck, blue duiker, common duiker, grysbok, warthog and zebra plus plenty of guinea fowl and francolin.
 
takeri private reserve - zambia

We are about to conduct the first hunt of the season - will update with photos at the end of July.
 
we also offer live sales - in august I will be running a capture operation and moving 3 sable cows.
 
Welcome to the forum, Patsy !
 
Patsy Zambia

Welcome to AH...We have a some what civil group...

We will be looking forward to your photos...and stories...

We are about to conduct the first hunt of the season - will update with photos at the end of July.

How big of spread do you operate?

Do you use a helicopter to bring in the animals to be sold? With the different herds you have do you round-up all of one species at one time or do you select small groups?

Do you use a computer format to track your herd sires and dams? to track the ones you want to sell? and to control the genetics you want to pass on and produce?

Or do you raise game animals to maturity and then sell your excess to other game ranches?


we also offer live sales - in august I will be running a capture operation and moving 3 sable cows.
 
Welcome to the Forum Patsyzambia! we will be looking forward to your input.
 
hi James
our reserve is 3500 hectares - with only 12 km of game fence and 16 km of kafue river frontage for our borders. I do my own caputure - this one is only 3 sable so I will dart them individually
I am in the process of gathering all data on all game and from this will set our quotas for hunting and live sales. we will only be conducting 2 hunts this season and aim to keep our reserve in a pristine state -only taking off mature trophy animals each season - prefering one hunter to come in and take several species over a week or longer period.
As for the breeding we have 6 herds of sable (our main focus) and these are free range. I will be doing some genetic research for future breeding but they originated from 4 different captures when they were introduced to the reserve a number of years ago.
have a good weekend!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,330
Messages
1,573,172
Members
169,719
Latest member
EffieKnopf
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top