ZAMBIA: Zambian Adventure At Takeri Game Reserve

That is one impressive Sable. Don't know how you resisted..... After all its just money ... Thanks so much for sharing this great trip. Bruce

1268.JPG

siesta time
1291.JPG

chobe bushbuck , has got to be the prettiest animal in Africa

1331.JPG

one of the many elephant living on the flats , downstream from kingfisher

1345.JPG

946.JPG
Zambezi afternoon sun, filtered through the smoke of a thousand fires

That is one impressive Sable. Don't know how you resisted..... After all its just money ... Thanks so much for sharing this great trip. Bruce

ha ha ha he is still there for you brucey............ if not my jorja girl, will be on his track at the earlist oppotunity

Those Bushbuck sure are pretty.

another warm one here again , we were on the water early , and the fishing started off real slow , and stayed that way all day
we had a few hits early and pete landed the only fish for the day .
we all started goofing off by lunch time , half hartedly flicking a few lures ,and setting baits ,
pete was the only one getting hits all day , but nothing hooked up .......
we just played around up in the park .walking through the water , being live bait for all these crocs we are seeing
heres pete laying beside a big crocs bodyline , we had just spooked off the sand , and into the water
1146.JPG

talifia the fishing guide , took me and pete ,into one of the little arms ,to catch some talipia bream , ,well I fished for them and snagged a couple , and talifia yanked them out one after another , and pete , well he just drank beers and shit stirred .....
by four thirty we had been playing around all day , fishing splashing and drinking a few beers , and headed back to kingfisher , we stopped to see stewart , on the way as he was in fish mode and fished hard .......
about half an hour after we left , the tigers fired up and he started catching about four an hour till it was to dark to see
we did stop for a quick flick and a drift fish , but just wernt into it today
we spent some time watching nine elephant feeding away on the bank .we took a load more photos ,
then headed to the showers , what an amazing place , with an amazing bunch of mates to enjoy this paradise with ........
after dark and few sundowners we were just about to send a search party out to look for stewart , who was still out fishing for some fish that you catch after dark .
when he came barrelling around the river bend , in total darkness with the pedal to the metal .
telling us how the bloody fish fired up after we through in the towel
a few more drinks before another spectacular feed

1353.JPG

from left to right .. stewart , peteG, bluey , patsyzambia and spikeT,...... our group photo of our AH get together in paradise

later that night patsy found an orphan door mouse , she decided to nurse , I would of feed to the owls ........
woke at 0130 the wind blowing again thinking this is the morning ive been dreading .............put on some music and drank another bottle of water by 0230 it was dead still again and as hot as hell .....
mustve bombed out then .I woke at five as a new day was breaking .heard sticks breaking near by ,jumped up hoping the elephant were visiting
but it wasn't .
time to start packing .....to leave this special place .......
by seven we meet for breaky , none of us want to leave here.

specially the four hour drive back to Lusaka, in the heat .
back mid afternoon, straight to rhapsodies bistro , for a feed and refreshments .
patsy came by top take me shopping for stuff for the kids .......
Zambia could reaaly revamp on this..... theres not much option ...
but true to her word patsy says right I will get you Zambia prices ....
and she did , we picked what I wanted , they said a price and patsy said , no this is what im going to pay you . and that the way it happened ......
love the way she doesn't take any shit ,,,straight up .no mucking about ......

after she dropped me back off at rhapsodies , she went off for medical supplies ,for the people and animals at takeri .
we were all meeting up at stewarts place for a BBQ later that evening ......
me and mike got stuck on the bar , for a while , waiting for the traffic to slow down ,
from our mooring on the bar the traffic looked kaotic . to say the least .
eventually we got on the road out to stewarts and his lovely wife sharrons farm , for our BBQ
and the queen of takeri ,was straight into us when we arrived ,
after a great feed she turned out to be the smart one and left , as she had things to do in the morning .
that was a smart play , on her half ...mind you it was the first time women intuitition , kicked in , in over 2weeks ........
once stewart and sharron kicked us out , we ventured back to mick place and drank every beer in the place
buggered if I know what time we shut down ,
but my liver hated me in the morning
once got our shit stacked up in one heap the next day
we mossied over to say good bye to pats .
then mike took me to the airport .
going through immigration ,im saddened that this adventure is ending
the flight from Lusaka to j/burg is only half full so I stretched out for a siesta
once I was in j/burg , I did some more curio shopping . and the got stuck into the gin and tonics at the bar at gate 18 , ha ha ha they wernt impressed when I tried paying for the first g& t with kwacha
gin and tonic is my worst new Zambian habbit ,
ended up 3 sheets to wind by the time we boarded. the full flight to Sydney .
bloody Qantas left my luggage in Sydney ,again ....in six flight to and from africa to australia , these imbecciles have left stuff behind four times ......
im done with them on international flights .

and that about that for this unbeatable Zambian hunting and fishing adventure.

thanks for reading it , and your comments

I hope you got some pleasure from it .......
BLUEY

Great adventure Bluey. I really enjoyed the story. Something the 'anti's" will never understand. The taking of the animals is what makes it a hunting adventure, but its the fact that your in a exotic land, different cultures, beautiful scenery and especially, with new/old friends, that make what we love to do so special. Well done my friend. Well done also to Mike, Patsy and the crew!

Well done Bluey ! Great people and great places make for lifelong memories! Thank you you for sharing your fantastic adventure .

What a great read, I think my liver needs to heal after your adventure. Well done thank you

nothing wrong with being a two can superman , spike.....

nothing wrong with being a two can superman , spike.....

nothing at all , but there was no way i was having too much as feeling a bit jaded in that heat isnt fun......:E Hmmm:...now who had that problem...........:A Bulb: ah yes a certain female member of the crew!! :E Rofl:

All is good, it was all my drinking well I was reading the adventure then a couple after dreaming of africa

All is good, it was all my drinking well I was reading the adventure then a couple after dreaming of africa

:D as long as it helps with the dreaming not a problem :D Beers: could always stop dreaming and turn it into reality......;)

nothing at all , but there was no way i was having too much as feeling a bit jaded in that heat isnt fun......:E Hmmm:...now who had that problem...........:A Bulb: ah yes a certain female member of the crew!! :E Rofl:

nothing to it ,mate , just dive in , you snap out of it quick smart . certainly fix my only real hang over for the trip .......:D:D

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Well done Bluey! Great read.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg