ZAMBIA: Upper Luangwa Kudu

WAB

AH ambassador
Joined
Oct 8, 2015
Messages
10,047
Reaction score
40,685
Location
Alabama
Media
152
Hunting reports
Africa
5
USA/Canada
3
Europe
2
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
I've seen quite a few posts regarding kudu lately so I thought I'd add mine. These pictures were taken about as far upstream as you can get on the Luangwa river before you hit Malawi. I shot this fellow the year before Zambia shutdown to 'sort out' their concessions. I've hunted in many spots in Africa since, but I have never seen a bigger bodied kudu. I don't really know much about measuring, but the mass of this kudu had me curious as the horns seem very heavy. A quick check of the circumference at the base was roughly 11". He was a very old animal.
P7050143.jpg
P7050136.JPG
 
Wow! Nice kudu and thanks for sharing!
 
Congrats, a very nice kudu.
 
That is a very healthy prime Kudu Bull.
 
Big bull that any hunter would be proud of. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce
 
Very nice sir
 
Nice!
 
Beautiful bull, congrats
 
Wow, what a Kudu!
 
Great bull!
 
One lucky guy! Fine kudu! Congratulations!
 
that is a beast!!!
 
What were you up there hunting? (besides the Kudu)
 
Looks more like an Eland being loaded in the truck than a kudu.

My first kudu was big bodied but nothing like that.
 
He’s fantastic! Congratulations!
 
That is one beautiful Kudu bull, I can only imagine what a feeling that was taking down a monster!!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,570,706
Members
168,973
Latest member
Hellykelven
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top