Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Professional Hunters Association of Zambia
Afternoon all,

With all the talk of Covid and lockdowns, i thought i would share a little update with everyone here.

A few weeks ago, our president declared the airports open. This was however not without a hitch as the immigration department was still not issuing tourist visa's.

We received word about 10 days ago that tourist destinations could apply on behalf of the incoming client for a "pre-approved" visa.
Today i received a notice stating that a couple of hunting clients have landed and come into the country without a hitch to conduct their hunts.

There are some conditions pre-travel that are required, such as a negative test prior to departure and then a test on arrival.

The good news is that we are open and willing.

I'll update here as things go on and if there are any changes, but in the meantime, time to pack bags and get your hunting fix for the season.

Good news!!! Thanks for sharing!

@PeteG , does Zambia allow for all countries to visit, is America on the entry list? Do you know?

Last edited:
Who fancies a sable ..defassa waterbuck...kafue lechwe...chobe bushbuck ...puku ...if any interest will put a package together....nice collection of zambian species

Hope an AH member can take you up on this!

Good news!!! Thanks for sharing!

@PeteG , does Zambia allow for all countries to visit, is America on the entry list? Do you know?
As far as I know it is open to whomever has a negative test result and can fly in. I haven’t heard otherwise.

Just flying across the US sucks, an international flight with a mask on would make a guy want to suck start his 375 by the time you arrived!

Just flying across the US sucks, an international flight with a mask on would make a guy want to suck start his 375 by the time you arrived!
Yeah, i agree.
I hate wearing them and only do so when i have to in public.
At the very least, the choice is there for anyone willing and keen to come hunt.

As far as i know Ethiopian airlines is flying direct into Lusaka.

Yeah, i agree.
I hate wearing them and only do so when i have to in public.
At the very least, the choice is there for anyone willing and keen to come hunt.
At least you would be assured that Mike will have a few cold drinks ready for a travel weary hunter!
I’ve been told Zim has a mandatory quarantine in place of 8 days. Assuming nothing like this yet in Zambia? I’m sure that the facility to quarantine in Zim is quite classy with all the luxury one could expect! For a little extra I bet you could throw in an armed robbery, a panga assault and guaranteed case of the Coronie!

At least you would be assured that Mike will have a few cold drinks ready for a travel weary hunter!
I’ve been told Zim has a mandatory quarantine in place of 8 days. Assuming nothing like this yet in Zambia? I’m sure that the facility to quarantine in Zim is quite classy with all the luxury one could expect! For a little extra I bet you could throw in an armed robbery, a panga assault and guaranteed case of the Coronie!
:ROFLMAO:
zim is also on a 18:00 to 06:00 curfew!
so i guess that would make it daylight robbery...

There is no mandatory quarantine here.
You will only be asked to quarantine in a designated facility if you are positive for symptoms as well as a positive test once you arrive.

As far as i know Ethiopian airlines is flying direct into Lusaka.

Asked my travel agent and she said only Ethiopian showing flights into lusaka at the moment...but you can get here, so come and hunt with any of the good operators here....its a beautiful country :A Thumbs Up::D Beers:

Yeah would possibly leave you one or two...;):D

What is the route for Ethiopian out of the US?

Washington Dulles to Addis, flew it a few years back when I went to Rwanda

had a quick look on their website,
It shows Chicago to Addis Ababa on to Lusaka.
Washington Dulles to Addis to Lusaka
Hope that helps a bit, that's as far as i managed to get before my internet crapped out again!

I am sure a travel agent would find other suitable options.

Last edited:
Well done Zambia, ahead of the curve again. What of Tanzania, there was so much talk of opening up but nothing seeems to have materialised

Well done Zambia, ahead of the curve again. What of Tanzania, there was so much talk of opening up but nothing seeems to have materialised
I thought Tanzania had opened, but i haven't heard much.
Perhaps one of the TZ operators on here can share some info?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois