Your 3 favorite hunting cartridges of all time

Now if I win the lotto.....

Well now, if we're talking winning the lotto, and it probably needs to be a big one:
.275 Rigby in a Rigby boltgun of course
.375 H&H in a H&H boltgun
.470 NE in a fine double, maker TBD
:cool:

If I'm stuck with my cornbread and buttermilk budget:
.30-06 Ruger M77 (already own it)
.375 H&H Win. mod 70
.458 Lott Win. mod 70
...and I'll be almost as happy!

.30-30 Win in a 94 (that's what I first used on whitetail in New York 1960's);
.30-06 when I moved to Colorado 1979;
.300 Wby Mag (that my wife gave me for our 1st Christmas 1985 - still have both).

Now looking for .375 Ruger

IMG_0327.jpeg

The “Holy Trinity!”

.264, .338 (Better be LOL) and .458 WINCHESTER MAGNUMS! See how they're ALL the same lengths. Beautiful!
Wait a minute, that one in the middle looks like a .300 WINCHESTER MAGNUM and NOT a .338 WINCHESTER MAGNUM? Sacrilege! LOL

Almost there.... if only it were the 25-06, 30-06, 35-06 aka 35 Whelen. (I know at least 1 memeber who would prefer the "aught six" trio)
@Tbitty
Leave out the out the ought six and put in the 280 and you pretty well have it. Yes I would prefer the term Whelen as god hisef used it.
Never uses that blasphemous term 35-06 unless you are referring to the AI, as the 35-06 AI isn't worth the effort.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lufunom123

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.