Would you like a Cigar?

It's one of those, fry an egg on the sidewalk, days. Hard to enjoy a smoke and beer after work, when it's 114 degrees. There's never an iceberg around when you need one.
 
@Brent in Az - sounds like one of those enjoy the AC with all the blinds closed and lights off days.

Put a beer mug in the freezer for a bit, makes the beer colder
 
Enjoying a Monti Espada, very good smoke.
2B8D6F7D-F736-4793-B6E6-0BA95863464B.jpeg
 
Oh man, what a shame. It happens. I remember getting Cohibas that my friend had purchased in duty free, and we couldn't smoke them of how tightly rolled they were, and erratic burn.
 
I like all the Don Peppin line, solid smokes (y)

Enjoying a different Monti Espada :). Another fine smoke by Montecristo

C9DEE073-4EB6-4FAA-8605-0B35F6A73A8C.jpeg
 
I'm sorry to hear that Rockslinger.

Always disappointing when you get a dud, but it can happen with any brand I guess! As I noted in my earlier post in this thread though, some of the small volume Cuban ones do seem worse for it than most premium makers....

I wouldn't write off Fonseca completely however, I've had a couple and when they are on form, they're really quite excellent.

Looking over my tasting notes for the No.1, I mark them as a really light, sweet mild bodied affair, but nice for mid-afternoon, or even a post breakfast occassion. Not lacking in character either with some nice creamy/nutty notes, honey, some cinnamon spice and even chocoloate and leather in the last 3rd.

They do seem to tend towards loosely wrapped however, my notes call out slightly spongy a couple times.

Please let us know if you have another go and enjoy!

Oh, and if this experience has put you off the brand, the Quai d'Orsay Corona might be a good substitute for that flavour profile.
 
A trifecta of My Father Le Bijou 1922, Camacho Corojo and Avo Synchro to start the Saturday.

Happy Father’s Day to all you pops out there tomorrow. May you have that special cigar on hand to smoke because you are worth it!
 
Thanks Mort! I moved up celebration to today, and the MF Atinguedad was worth it.

Nice trifecta btw.
 
I'm sorry to hear that Rockslinger.

Always disappointing when you get a dud, but it can happen with any brand I guess! As I noted in my earlier post in this thread though, some of the small volume Cuban ones do seem worse for it than most premium makers....

I wouldn't write off Fonseca completely however, I've had a couple and when they are on form, they're really quite excellent.

Looking over my tasting notes for the No.1, I mark them as a really light, sweet mild bodied affair, but nice for mid-afternoon, or even a post breakfast occassion. Not lacking in character either with some nice creamy/nutty notes, honey, some cinnamon spice and even chocoloate and leather in the last 3rd.

They do seem to tend towards loosely wrapped however, my notes call out slightly spongy a couple times.

Please let us know if you have another go and enjoy!

Oh, and if this experience has put you off the brand, the Quai d'Orsay Corona might be a good substitute for that flavour profile.
Thank you, I appreciate the recommendation!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,459
Members
169,567
Latest member
MarvinTeje
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top