Would you like a Cigar?

It's one of those, fry an egg on the sidewalk, days. Hard to enjoy a smoke and beer after work, when it's 114 degrees. There's never an iceberg around when you need one.

@Brent in Az - sounds like one of those enjoy the AC with all the blinds closed and lights off days.

Put a beer mug in the freezer for a bit, makes the beer colder

Enjoying a Monti Espada, very good smoke.
2B8D6F7D-F736-4793-B6E6-0BA95863464B.jpeg

Oh man, what a shame. It happens. I remember getting Cohibas that my friend had purchased in duty free, and we couldn't smoke them of how tightly rolled they were, and erratic burn.

On my way back from Zimbabwe now and my ph gave me a few local cigars I will rate and review later but the thrip was a major success.

EE2098E6-F0A9-402F-AA25-DFB81AFDBCE5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
How was Zim? Do tell. Or if report to follow, I can wait!
I will write a report but the trip with Mbalabala safaris was a smashing success.

I like all the Don Peppin line, solid smokes (y)

Enjoying a different Monti Espada :). Another fine smoke by Montecristo

C9DEE073-4EB6-4FAA-8605-0B35F6A73A8C.jpeg

I'm sorry to hear that Rockslinger.

Always disappointing when you get a dud, but it can happen with any brand I guess! As I noted in my earlier post in this thread though, some of the small volume Cuban ones do seem worse for it than most premium makers....

I wouldn't write off Fonseca completely however, I've had a couple and when they are on form, they're really quite excellent.

Looking over my tasting notes for the No.1, I mark them as a really light, sweet mild bodied affair, but nice for mid-afternoon, or even a post breakfast occassion. Not lacking in character either with some nice creamy/nutty notes, honey, some cinnamon spice and even chocoloate and leather in the last 3rd.

They do seem to tend towards loosely wrapped however, my notes call out slightly spongy a couple times.

Please let us know if you have another go and enjoy!

Oh, and if this experience has put you off the brand, the Quai d'Orsay Corona might be a good substitute for that flavour profile.

A trifecta of My Father Le Bijou 1922, Camacho Corojo and Avo Synchro to start the Saturday.

Happy Father’s Day to all you pops out there tomorrow. May you have that special cigar on hand to smoke because you are worth it!

Thanks Mort! I moved up celebration to today, and the MF Atinguedad was worth it.

Nice trifecta btw.

I'm sorry to hear that Rockslinger.

Always disappointing when you get a dud, but it can happen with any brand I guess! As I noted in my earlier post in this thread though, some of the small volume Cuban ones do seem worse for it than most premium makers....

I wouldn't write off Fonseca completely however, I've had a couple and when they are on form, they're really quite excellent.

Looking over my tasting notes for the No.1, I mark them as a really light, sweet mild bodied affair, but nice for mid-afternoon, or even a post breakfast occassion. Not lacking in character either with some nice creamy/nutty notes, honey, some cinnamon spice and even chocoloate and leather in the last 3rd.

They do seem to tend towards loosely wrapped however, my notes call out slightly spongy a couple times.

Please let us know if you have another go and enjoy!

Oh, and if this experience has put you off the brand, the Quai d'Orsay Corona might be a good substitute for that flavour profile.
Thank you, I appreciate the recommendation!

Packing for a few days at the lake. I have not had any of these before. Hope I made good choices!
20210620_133148.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg