Would you like a Cigar?

Smoked a Cain Nub earlier this afternoon after some yard work. Now I’m relaxing smoking a Rocky Patel Mulligan Masters Collection. A friend who gave me the cigar, said they were made for the Masters.

CE8D8D24-A46D-43B4-BF72-E398AEB4A0E8.jpeg

F8873330-F5CC-4286-841C-032F86F44164.jpeg

From the memo:

Effective September 24, 2020, authorized travelers may no longer return to the United States with alcohol and/or tobacco products acquired in Cuba as accompanied baggage for personal use.

Persons authorized to travel to Cuba may purchase alcohol and tobacco products while in Cuba for personal consumption in Cuba.

Persons subject to U.S. jurisdiction may purchase or acquire Cuban-origin merchandise, including alcohol and tobacco products, while in a third country for personal consumption outside the United States.

Cuban National can bring Cuban cigars into the US.

My hunting Shepherd Kaly brought this to us while we were in the shower. We never saw her bring it in the house. Shepherd 2, Moles 0. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

AE2D29B5-B341-46AC-BADD-41C47E28B2AA.jpeg

Luckily she brought it to us and we didn’t find it three days later LOL!

I have a couple of smoking friends who purchase Cuban cigars on line. They usually come from Europe, and are not expensive at all considering. If they get confiscated by customs, you get a replacement shipment. We've bought Cuban cigars cheaper than some Nicaraguan or Dominican premiums.

I don't mind smoking Cuban cigars at all, but truthfully I would rather smoke a good Nicaraguan premium cigar like any Padron Anniversario series cigar over a Cuban cigar. :Cigar::Cigar:

Update on the Rocky Patel Mulligans cigar I smoked last night. The cigar had good flavor, and lots of smoke. However, I had a hard time keeping the cigar lid, usually a problem when I'm talking too much and not smoking enough. :unsure: That was not the case last night, since I was sitting alone while the wife watered the plants. After smoking about half of it, and lighting it about three times by now. I decided to use my cigar poker to see if it would fix the problem and boy what a difference it made. The cigar remained lid for the other half, and the flavor remained good throughout. It's a Mild-Med body cigar. For a $3.00 stick, and free, I guess I shouldn't complain. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I have a couple of smoking friends who purchase Cuban cigars on line. They usually come from Europe, and are not expensive at all considering. If they get confiscated by customs, you get a replacement shipment. We've bought Cuban cigars cheaper than some Nicaraguan or Dominican premiums.

I don't mind smoking Cuban cigars at all, but truthfully I would rather smoke a good Nicaraguan premium cigar like any Padron Anniversario series cigar over a Cuban cigar. :Cigar::Cigar:

I've not had a cuban, but see a lot of folks stating they are overrated. Regardless, I think it would be a wonderful cigar to share with friends.
"Hey, you want a real Cuban cigar? I had it smuggled into the country just for me" (y)(y)(y)

I've not had a cuban, but see a lot of folks stating they are overrated. Regardless, I think it would be a wonderful cigar to share with friends.
"Hey, you want a real Cuban cigar? I had it smuggled into the country just for me" (y)(y)(y)
I have friends that tak cruises. They bring me back cubans. Trust me, its a i want what i cant have thing.
Some are nice, but really cant tell the big difference!

I think this is the perfect pairing! It was earlier, now after a bottle amd a 30pk of budlight, a swisher would foot the bill ! Haha
I tried one a few days ago. But got interrupted by my son to clean some rattlesnakes.
20210517_215347.jpg

This I've read. Most of the cigar makers are Cubans, and they took Cuban tobacco seeds when they fled their country. That is why when we read the description of a cigar, it states that it has Cuban Tobacco Seed, or it comes from Cuban seed, etc, etc. Now, the quality control of let's say a Nicaraguan Padron, Drew State cigars, is much stricter than let's say a Cuban Cohiba. I remember years ago smoking Cohiba cigar that were plugged because they were rolled so tight. The quality controlled of Cuban cigars was not existent, and they were more focused on quantity vs. quality. Something the big names like Padron, Partagas, Dominican Cohiba, Drew State, etc, etc would never jeopardize their quality vs. quantity.

Also remember that a lot of the master rollers that lived in Cuba fled and followed these cigar families. Master rollers take years to get to where they are, and the only way to get there is with time behind the table rolling cigars. Why do you think that you will never find a flawed torpedo cigar? Because only master rollers will roll torpedoes, it requires experience. A lot of these master rollers have joined their bosses in the green fields of heaven, and I believe they did a fabulous job training the next generation of cigar rollers.

I am with you guys, and I'll smoke a Cuban cigar because it is the forbidden fruit. But, having a choice, like I've said earlier. I would rather smoke a Padron Aniversario (your pick which), vs. any Cuban cigar. IMHO. :)

BTW, years ago (about 20 or so) I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Jose Padron Sr. His wife would go into an allergy center where my girlfriend at the time worked. She told me when she was scheduled again, and I just happen to be sitting in the lobby when they walked in. She introduced me to them, and while Mrs. Padron was being treated, Mr. Padron and I sat in the lobby and talked about Nicaragua, and cigars like two old friends. After that, Mrs. Padron would bring 5 packs of cigars to my girlfriend to give to me. Beautiful couple. Mr. Padron is no longer with us, but his son is doing a fine job with the company.

No fishing? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Beautiful place, looks so tranquil. (y)(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg