Would you like a Cigar?

I purchase about 80 cigars every 2 months. I think that Brother Mort smokes 80 before lunchtime......LOL.

Cigar page occasionally offers factory overrun cigars for $40 a bundle. I buy the Connecticut's, as well as Maduro's. Excellent cigars for $2.00 each.

Brent, I have said this before, you were NOT a good find as a cigar smoker friend and fellow hunter. You introduced my to My Father Le Bijou 1922. Ouch! You introduced me to Archetype. Once again, ouch! You finally showed me the light with Cigar Page. Ultimate ouch. I was fat dumb and happy here in Nashville, then bam, I get a 2500 cigar humidor ordered, and got boxes spread from one end of the house to the other. My wife had the nerve to say “who’s Brent” to me the other night when I was telling my hunting partner about you and what you have cost me. The nerve of her. And don’t think the rest of you @PARA45, @Uncle Sauce, etc. haven’t had an impact. I do not do social media. This is an Africa Hunting site. But for the life of me, I am spending more money on cigars because of this thread than on hunting.

All said though, I wouldn’t trade this thread and group of guys for all the leopard in Zim. Ya’ll rock!

Last morning in SA - My Father Judge with coffee. Rainy morning just like my first day I arrived. Was fitting though!View attachment 399494
We’re there many cigar smokers there at Outspan? Will be there in late May. I want to bring enough to share.

We’re there many cigar smokers there at Outspan? Will be there in late May. I want to bring enough to share.
Bill - I was the only hunter there and was the only one that was smoking cigars. I offered but I had no takers. Not sure who your PH will be but mine didn't smoke either. I even offered the tracker some but he didn't take me up on that even though he smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day!

Just received my second dose of Moderna. The ladies at the Vax center said to drink plenty of liquids.

Happy to oblige, Ma'am.
IMG_20210508_162416136.jpg
IMG_20210508_105753737.jpg

That Don Pepin Garcia stick as well as their “Original” are fine smokes …. unknown to many. That reminds me of one of my other favorites that is fairly unknown - CAO La Traviata Maduro .
All are very reasonably priced.
1620518766319.jpeg

That Don Pepin Garcia stick as well as their “Original” are fine smokes …. unknown to many. That reminds me of one of my other favorites that is fairly unknown - CAO La Traviata Maduro .
All are very reasonably priced.
View attachment 400936
I'm a fan of CAO, but haven't tried that one.

Safe travels @Mort Hill .

Happy slow smokes to all others....

Romeo Y Julieta 1875 being torched now, Bulleit rye on the side.

Thank you Uncle Mort!!!

ACEFB861-1E70-4926-84C5-E3C68DA6D687.jpeg

First time sampling the Montecristo Platinum. Mexican Cubano wrapper, with Dominican, Nicaraguan, and Peruvian long fillers.
94 rated. Bold, but smooth. Kind of reminds me of the Rocky Patel Decade, with the mild hints of Black Cherry.
IMG_20210509_105141437.jpg

I’m not familiar with that one. Please file an after action report.
Smoked halfway through, stopped to clean the frogs and rattlesnakes my son brought for dinner. Lol
The blue is interesting in my opinion. Has a almost peanut butter like smell. Has a toasted cedar taste on the tongue. And a hint of cream and citrus on retrohale.
The downfall of this stick is the tight draw. Other than that, it smokes decent.

Smoked halfway through, stopped to clean the frogs and rattlesnakes my son brought for dinner. Lol
The blue is interesting in my opinion. Has a almost peanut butter like smell. Has a toasted cedar taste on the tongue. And a hint of cream and citrus on retrohale.
The downfall of this stick is the tight draw. Other than that, it smokes decent.
The tight draw is what I have always experienced with cohibas...especially the Cuban ones.

I was burning a stick with a younger but close buddy, Jimmy, one night. Jimmy is a tall, simple, down to earth fellow who could have been a 1970’s Marlborough Man. Though a horseman, he is a carpenter by trade.

I was struggling with one of my favorites, a torpedo roll, with a really tight draw. I grimaced as I trimmed a bit more off when Jimmy stood up, reached into his Carhart pant pocket to retrieve several small items. After close examination he plucked one from his palm, exclaimed “three-thirty seconds, perfect!” And handed me a drill bit.

Apparently every properly equipped gentleman has one in his cigar kit.

I was burning a stick with a younger but close buddy, Jimmy, one night. Jimmy is a tall, simple, down to earth fellow who could have been a 1970’s Marlborough Man. Though a horseman, he is a carpenter by trade.

I was struggling with one of my favorites, a torpedo roll, with a really tight draw. I grimaced as I trimmed a bit more off when Jimmy stood up, reached into his Carhart pant pocket to retrieve several small items. After close examination he plucked one from his palm, exclaimed “three-thirty seconds, perfect!” And handed me a drill bit.

Apparently every properly equipped gentleman has one in his cigar kit.

Again, learn something new every day here! Thx for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg