Oliva Serie V
My Father-Le Bijou 1922
Camacho-Triple Maduro
Arturo Fuente-Rosado Gran Reserva
Brickhouse-Maduro
CAO-Brazilia Gol
20190503_161326.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Oliva Series V in a double robust is my absolute favorite smoke. I am sure you will enjoy it if you have
not tried it before.

The Oliva Series V in a double robust is my absolute favorite smoke. I am sure you will enjoy it if you have
not tried it before.
I've had a couple of them so far. Fantastic smoke.

Here are some sticks I picked up today.

From left to right.....

La Gloria Cubana-Serie R Esteli
Oliva Serie V
My Father-Le Bijou 1922
Camacho-Triple Maduro
Arturo Fuente-Rosado Gran Reserva
Brickhouse-Maduro
CAO-Brazilia GolView attachment 281433

A very nice selection and looks like great start to the weekend. Had quite a few of these and all are quality smokes. Enjoy your “me” time.

I'm not a cigar smoker but few months ago I've spent a very nice evening with some friends sharing a bottle of very fine Cognac. I was offered a cigar, my first, and I must say I found it quite pleasant and enjoyed it very much indeed. Being a non smoker I could still taste it in my mouth a week later which I did not enjoy but that's besides the point. The cigar was Gurkha Cellar Reserve 21 year and the Cognac Remy Martin Louis XIII. Beautiful combination. View attachment 280860
View attachment 280861

You have the right kind of friends, hell of a combination.

A very nice selection and looks like great start to the weekend. Had quite a few of these and all are quality smokes. Enjoy your “me” time.
Thanks. I smoke cigars, mainly on the weekends. $10 and up cigars, are too expensive to smoke on a daily basis. I do buy a handul of budget sticks as well.

Nothing says budget to me like shopping JR Cigars on line. Join their JR Plus and shipping is free. Like Amazon Prime for cigar smokers. I like to buy boxes at a time, and these guys pretty much have it all. I do patronize my local cigar lounge and buy cigars there, but for high volume cigar consumption, they are great. I have used other on-line sites, but this is my go to.

I subsribe to JR's youtube channel. Lots of good cigar reviews. The online store is pretty good too.
There is a good Cigar shop, not far from me here in Tucson. They have a good selection, and lounge, but they are not shy about their pricing.
I can save 10-20% shopping online.

One of my new favorite "Budget smokes", are these Cusano M1's. It's got an Ecudorian Connecticut wrapper, with Honduran fillers. Online, you can get them as low as $40 a bundle.($2.00 a stick). My local cigar shop charges $3.15 each plus tax.
20190504_135954.jpeg

For those that like , "Rich & Earthy", cigars, I highly recommend the ,My Father Le Bijou 1922. I'm grilling up some Tenderloin, drinking ice cold beer, and just finished up the Le Bijou. Great smoke, but pricey.

This weekend's flavors.....

My Father - Flor de las Antillas Maduro box pressed

Padron Classic 7000 Box Pressed

Drew Estate - Liga Undergrown Maduro

Romeo Y Julieta - Real Toro Natural

Oliva -Serie V Torpedo

Arturo Fuente - Rosado 56

CAO - Brazilia Amazon
20190510_155939.jpeg

Wow, how have I missed this thread. Other than hunting and fishing, cigars are my #1 vice. In fact, the guys I hunt with all bet on how many cigars I might bring on a trip. I am not a casual cigar smoker. It is habitual. Start on the way to work at 5:30AM, and then wrap up on the last one just before the mandatory shower and cleansing my wife requires before bed. Probably 5-7 during the day. My all time favorite is a Cuban Partagas Series D #4. Only one a day for those. My staple is either an El Rey Del Mundo, or Boliver in the petite corona size. A great 15-20 min smoke. I also love to smoke an Avo Synchro when at the Franklin Cigar Shop on a weekly basis talking shop or hunting tales. I read all of these post and found some good stogies to try. Nothing more perfect to me than sitting around the bush tv(campfire) and smoking on a fabulous Partagas. Just heaven on earth. And for the record, on my week in Costa Rica fishing in February, it was 120 cigars taken, none returned. A fine week indeed.

Not sure how I missed this post...

you have some good taste! the Partagas Serie D #4 is no doubt one of the finest sticks on the planet... Love the El Rey petite's as well..

I will sometimes get 3-4 sticks in on a weekend day.. but I'm typically happy to just get 1 in a day otherwise and will occasionally miss a day if the weather is bad, etc.. I probably go through 200-250 total sticks a year...

youve got a serious habit my man! It sounds like youre going through 200 every 6 weeks or so..

Not an aficionado like @Royal27 is. But a big fan of San Cristobal Revelations and Rocky Patel Cameroon’s. But a true Monte Cristo No. 2, I don’t know what’s better.

Just finished off the Drew Estate undergrown Maduro, and a couple of cold ones, to cap off the week.
For a $10 stick, it was disappointing. I like flavorful, and full bodied Cigars, but it was somewhat bitter, and too peppery for my taste.
That is the drawback of trying different smokes. Sometimes they are good, other times, not so much.
I have been eyeballing the shelf of Davidoff cigars, but damn, are those things expensive. $20-30 a stick for many of them. Too much for this beer budget boy.

youve got a serious habit my man! It sounds like youre going through 200 every 6 weeks or so..

The cigar habit would pay for a safari, but then the safari would not be what I have come to enjoy without the cigars. What a first world paradox.

Rush Limbaugh is a big Cigar smoker, and Monte Cristo guy. I bet he smokes over $100 a day in stogies.

I would too, if I was a millionaire.

Not an aficionado like @Royal27 is. But a big fan of San Cristobal Revelations and Rocky Patel Cameroon’s. But a true Monte Cristo No. 2, I don’t know what’s better.

I do have a 5 pack of Revelations sitting in the humi now on Phil's recommendation.

We've been having this wonderfully cool and relative to AZ wet spring, and it continues this evening. Perfect night to enjoy one of the treats that arrived this week. A Quintero Nacionale. Smaller stick with what I'd call and earthy flavor to it. A box of 25 for $65, so can't go too wrong at less than $3 per.

IMG_2765.jpg

Big storm ripped through tucson at about 7:00. Wind was so bad it snuffed out the flames on my BBQ.

Is that a Corona size?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.