Would you like a Cigar?

Yesterday I worked my a$$ off doing yard work, and it turned out to be a 3 cigar day. This is what I smoked.

1. Wild Hunter by Oscar Valladeres, a good friend bought it for me because it had my name "Oscar" on the label. :D It was a mild-med blend, not complex at all, but overall good smoke.
2. Oliva Connecticut torpedo. Good med blend cigar.
3. CAO Heritage, med-full blend cigar, with hit notes of cocoa & coffee. First time smoking this one, and it a delicious cigar, I didn't want to put it down. I also drank a couple of glasses of Amarula. :)
This afternoon was an Oliva V maduro cigar. As you all know one of my favorite cigars.

AVO HERITAGE .jpg
WD.jpg
OL.jpg
OLIVA G CIGAR.jpg

Wanted to sit out and smoke another, but the WX here in GA has been real dog sh*t all day. So, I'll have to settle for a one cigar day. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
@mdwest, how about a pic of your Tom??? (y)

I received a shipment of cigars today, so I decided to try an “ALEC BRADLEY - SUPERSTITION” this evening. I thought it was a little on the strong side and no complexity at all. Still doable, but it’s no MY FATHER.
3BF8054C-2A66-4502-B57E-F40E78DC9A00.jpeg

A while back, I made a couple of these single cigar holders.

holder II.jpg
Holder.jpg

I love a good cigar, my favorites are Gurkha with a Madura wrapper, rocky patel and Cohibas with the red label, best one I smoked was an Oscar by Oscar Fuentes with a green label on it I forget the name though.

Last edited:
I love a good cigar, my favorites are Gurkha with a Madura wrapper, rocky patel and Cohibas with the red label, best one I smoked was an Oscar by Oscar Fuentes with a green label on it I forget the name though.
I haven't smoked a Gurkha yet, but I did get some today. I'll be trying one soon.

E.P. Carrillo Perez Carillo La Historia

Was looking forward to this one as reviews claimed mocha and syrup. Unfortunately for me, this was not a sweet smooth maduro. It was a bit astringent and stale with a pepper finish that lingered.

Good points - razer sharp burn requiring zero touchups all the way through.

But I won't smoke another nor did I enjoy this one

If anyone is concerned about the Zippo in the pic, it is a butane insert

IMG_20200419_2037523.jpg

@mdwest, how about a pic of your Tom??? (y)

IMG_5875.JPG

IMG_5871.JPG

We called in 7 different birds... but couldn’t get the first pair, or two different singles to come into range...

Finally got a threesome of two year old gobblers to come within about 35 yards... we bagged two of the three...

One was a red beard.... pretty rare, and very cool bird!

View attachment 343050

View attachment 343051

We called in 7 different birds... but couldn’t get the first pair, or two different singles to come into range...

Finally got a threesome of two year old gobblers to come within about 35 yards... we bagged two of the three...

One was a red beard.... pretty rare, and very cool bird!
I never saw a Tom with a Red beard! NICE!

Reactions: WAB
@Ravensview, any cigar with a name like "Oscar" has to be good. :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@mdwest, thank you sir. If I would have had a morning like that, a My Father would have definitely been in order. Congrats sir and thank you for sharing.

A while back, I made a couple of these single cigar holders.

View attachment 343047 View attachment 343048
Ok Para, I confess I am an engineer geek, but that’s irrelevant here because Your single stick humidor is neat!

I j
@Ravensview, any cigar with a name like "Oscar" has to be good. :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@mdwest, thank you sir. If I would have had a morning like that, a My Father would have definitely been in order. Congrats sir and thank you for sharing.
I just realized the reason for liking “Oscar” in the name after reading through the above posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you