Worried about picking the wrong target

You can shoot all those little dinky trophies (culls) and have them photoshopped so you look like a hero. It's the next step in hunt post production processing.
Everybody gets the big one!

Sounds like the government is getting involved again!

:A Banana Sad:
 
I have no doubt there are Impala that big.

Look closely at the Impala on the right.
Note the pixel size around the horns from half way up. Seems like the pixels are larger around the horn than they are elsewhere in the same photo. That usually means someone is screwing with the photo.

Compare to the real photos of a monster.
Smooth same sized pixels all the way up the length of the horns.
Clear lines.

yeah i saw that but the ones to the left have similar and they entirely feasible if east african ones. to me it looked like an older photo with an earlier digital camera with not as many pixels as these days, and when enlarged a bit had shown that effect.........
 
i was thinking same lines as simon........so wayne what do you mean by artefacts around the horns? .........why do i feel i have asked something that is going to be answered easily and very simply.......:oops:


Ditto.

Glad you asked the question first.



I have no doubt there are Impala that big.

Look closely at the Impala on the right.
Note the pixel size around the horns from half way up. Seems like the pixels are larger around the horn than they are elsewhere in the same photo. That usually means someone is screwing with the photo.

Compare to the real photos of a monster.
Smooth same sized pixels all the way up the length of the horns.
Clear lines.



I can see what you are talking about now.

To quote Roger Daltrey, "We won't get fooled again". At least until I get fooled again.:oops:
 
I would definitely go looking for one with at least 5 FULL spirals, maybe more. You don't want to get stuck with one of these puny specimens in your picture... look at that! TWO spirals?! They should look like blown out blackbuck horns!!! And look at how small they are! Impala should weigh at least as much as a small rhino! Common judgement of trophy quality rule of thumb is: the one you're looking at is a trophy when the poor beast cant get its head up above it's shoulders because the 8 foot horns drag on the ground. Or it's neck looks like a body builder from holding those 40 pound helixes. ;)

P.S. This is my professional-keyboardwarrior-expertonallthingsontheinternet- opinion and should not be disregarded as simpleton shenanigans.

I don't mean to be difficult, but I will be anyway. . . .

There are no spirals in the pictures . . . not even Rookhawk (with or without photoshop) can make impala a spiral horned antelope!
 
I guess we have another case for "Myth Busters".....
 
there are some seriously funny replies on this post, keep up the good humour!
 
You can shoot all those little dinky trophies (culls) and have them photoshopped so you look like a hero. I

Sounds like the government is getting involved again!

:A Banana Sad:

dont be depressed just think your ele you get with @TMS simon will look like its 150 lbs instead of the 15lbs it actually was........:E Rofl::E Lol::A Yeah:
 
I don't mean to be difficult, but I will be anyway. . . .

There are no spirals in the pictures . . . not even Rookhawk (with or without photoshop) can make impala a spiral horned antelope!
I am glad you made this distinction to my otherwise 100% factual post! (y) :)
 
I am glad you made this distinction to my otherwise 100% factual post! (y) :)
Besides... Who needs photoshop?! I think this is incredibly convincing!!!:E Sarcasm:

upload_2016-6-23_8-36-21.png
 
Last edited:
@ChrisG , we shoot those Kimpalas for leopard bait....
 
I am glad you made this distinction to my otherwise 100% factual post! (y) :)

That's what lawyers do.... Just saying.... :A Outta:
 
@ChrisG , we shoot those Kimpalas for leopard bait....
Good to know someone has a use for the dang things... Interspecies promiscuous kudu are the scourge of Africa from what I hear... Slinking around sireing these b@stards all year....
 
:E Wow: those south african breeders are clever to have kept this under wraps!! i reckon it will be the first R100,000,000.00 animal when it hits the auctions...........:A Whistle::E Big Grin:

upload_2016-6-23_8-36-21-png.154229

I like his expression!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I like his expression!
Obviously this kimpala didn't find it amusing that he was going to be the poster child for AH fun-poking. He also has a lazy eye. Probably from the weight of that enormous right horn
 
those south african breeders are clever to have kept this under wraps!! i reckon it will be the first R100,000,000.00 animal when it hits the auctions...........:A Whistle::E Big Grin:

And then color variant Kimpala right behind . :rolleyes:
 
"Southern Red Lessor Kudu"
 
This thread seems to have taken a turn... Who brought up this dumb Kimpala anyway?! ...oh wait...:S Hijack:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,285
Messages
1,571,699
Members
169,399
Latest member
JulianePon
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top