Woodleigh update

My local gun-store, Fishing and Outdoor World in Darwin semi regularily receives small batches of Woodleighs in;
.375 350gn HD RNSN
.458 480gn RNSN
.425WR .410gn RNSN
.470 cal not sure on specifics
And several other cals
Think its a case of taking what they can get.
Can’t help on any further production updates sorry.

My local gun-store, Fishing and Outdoor World in Darwin semi regularily receives small batches of Woodleighs in;
.375 350gn HD RNSN
.458 480gn RNSN
.425WR .410gn RNSN
.470 cal not sure on specifics
And several other cals
Think its a case of taking what they can get.
Can’t help on any further production updates sorry.
Thanks @alby for a current update on Woodleigh. Sounds like they are "getting their feet under them", restarting a big business. Thanks to Geoff.
Will be following Woodleigh's progress into the US market, as I know others will.

In the meantime: Swift SP/Barnes Solids will work just fine. The only Woodleigh truly missed are the 160 gr .264 (no one else made one in that configuration!) and .458 WM reloaders: (the woodleighs were the shortest in the caliber so powder space was maximized!!)

I'll be seeing Geoff at the Big Game Rifle Club annual Woodleigh Shoot in a few weeks. Happy to ask him about any specifics if people want to post details in this thread.

Had a good chat with Geoff yesterday at our annual Woodleigh Shoot Big Game Rifle Club event.

He said they basically began producing the largest calibres and worked down - have done most of the offerings in these and are currently getting on to .375 and then .338.

I asked about .30 cal and he suggested probably within a year.

Hope that helps.

I don't see any US-based vendors on his stockist list yet. I know that Midway USA and Huntington's used to sell the Woodleigh, but Huntington's has closed up shop and I don't see Midway USA on the list any more. Hopefully he has something in the works, as he makes a great product.

@Troubleshooter Yes, he did say they have plans afoot for USA distribution and expected to have that in place soon.

I don't see any US-based vendors on his stockist list yet. I know that Midway USA and Huntington's used to sell the Woodleigh, but Huntington's has closed up shop and I don't see Midway USA on the list any more. Hopefully he has something in the works, as he makes a great product.
We acquired Huntington's remaining inventory months ago --lots of unique RCBS products which we are just starting to go through now to list on the website in the upcoming weeks. We did acquire a small amount of Woodleigh bullets, but most of those are gone now.
I've been talking with Geoff regularly. He's been busy producing bullets and we are hoping to carry them in the near future.

We acquired Huntington's remaining inventory months ago --lots of unique RCBS products which we are just starting to go through now to list on the website in the upcoming weeks. We did acquire a small amount of Woodleigh bullets, but most of those are gone now.

I've been talking with Geoff regularly. He's been busy producing bullets and we are hoping to carry them in the near future.
Awesome report!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
divydestination1

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?