Woke is marxism evolved to take on the West

That’s just it. I don’t really want religion guided mores to legally define a “pervert”. When religion steers public policy, law abiding citizens that do whatever adults do when adults are alone, can suddenly be branded a pervert because somebody’s religious rule book says so. Can’t for the life of me understand why anyone cares what goes on in other peoples bedrooms.

Sounds perverse to me.

The United States was indeed founded and run almost exclusively by Christians from the beginning. Some of these fellas had the good sense to understand the folly of pressing their religion on others though. That’s why they dictated there be no state religion in the Establishment Clause.

In spite of this the de facto religion was still Christianity for the next 200 years. Everyone got into a tizzy when Kennedy showed up as the wrong brand of Christian. Nobody who wasn’t Christian was getting elected until there was a normalization of “other”. Then the occasional Jew, Muslim, or Hindu could be elected if their district were similar or if the growing majority did not factor religion into the equation.

So until recently the rules were written almost exclusively by Christians. They did mark public buildings and state constitutions with their brand as well. That’s not so much proof of the need for such a thing as it is evidence of who did the thing. The salad bowl that is the U.S. is a lot more varied now than it was 200 or even 20 years ago though.
Utter poppycock says I. Get out of here with that nonsense. If it stayed in the bedroom it wouldn’t be a big deal. It started with civil unions, then they wanted full marriage rights and adoption rights, fast forward to the present and little kids are getting mutilated and sterilized and grown men are twerking in front of 5 year olds in their underwear. Natural progression of sexual deviancy and complete breakdown of societal norms.

That’s just it. I don’t really want religion guided mores to legally define a “pervert”. When religion steers public policy, law abiding citizens that do whatever adults do when adults are alone, can suddenly be branded a pervert because somebody’s religious rule book says so. Can’t for the life of me understand why anyone cares what goes on in other peoples bedrooms.

Sounds perverse to me.

The United States was indeed founded and run almost exclusively by Christians from the beginning. Some of these fellas had the good sense to understand the folly of pressing their religion on others though. That’s why they dictated there be no state religion in the Establishment Clause.

In spite of this the de facto religion was still Christianity for the next 200 years. Everyone got into a tizzy when Kennedy showed up as the wrong brand of Christian. Nobody who wasn’t Christian was getting elected until there was a normalization of “other”. Then the occasional Jew, Muslim, or Hindu could be elected if their district were similar or if the growing majority did not factor religion into the equation.

So until recently the rules were written almost exclusively by Christians. They did mark public buildings and state constitutions with their brand as well. That’s not so much proof of the need for such a thing as it is evidence of who did the thing. The salad bowl that is the U.S. is a lot more varied now than it was 200 or even 20 years ago though.

You’ve completely misunderstood the background and intent of the establishment clause. The point was to limit government interference in the church, basically preventing the weaponizing of the church as they had experienced under the British. The point was not to limit the influence of Christianity in governance. It is so infused in every aspect of every document, to believe otherwise is to completely ignore history.

If you don’t believe that Christian values are or should be the underpinning of our system of government, what version of truth would you hold to? Where is the line drawn and who draws it, you? What if I don’t like where you draw the line?

There are a few foundational documents you should read before you Wade to much deeper into this discussion. I would start with bastiat’s treatise ‘The Law’.

WTNR, most people, on this forum would disagree with your ideology, that will not change regardless of how you present your point of view. So obviously you joined this forum for the same reasons that most of us have. I read your response regarding “ your credentials “ as we are all hunters and can agree on the premise of wild life conservation and hunting. How do you relate to the idea of conservation and limited government. Welcome aboard as I see that you recently joined this group of merry men.

@Jeff505 Make no mistake Woke and Conversation do not go together!

@WellThatsNotRight Self-identifies as Woke! Who knows what else he identifies as! Maybe a Snake Oil Salesman or Woman? A Fox in the henhouse? A special Letter designation of the ABC group? Or just a plain old Commie?

As stated above Isaiah 5:20. We need to align ourselves with God, family, friends, neighbors and other like minded people and pray! Siding with, condoning or accepting evil (Woke) will only lead to a path of destruction. At the end of the day it will be spiritual and good vs evil. God will prevail. Woke is nothing new to God or the world, just new to us.

@Jeff505 Make no mistake Woke and Conversation do not go together!

@WellThatsNotRight Self-identifies as Woke! Who knows what else he identifies as! Maybe a Snake Oil Salesman or Woman? A Fox in the henhouse? A special Letter designation of the ABC group? Or just a plain old Commie?

As stated above Isaiah 5:20. We need to align ourselves with God, family, friends, neighbors and other like minded people and pray! Siding with, condoning or accepting evil (Woke) will only lead to a path of destruction. At the end of the day it will be spiritual and good vs evil. God will prevail. Woke is nothing new to God or the world, just new to us.

You are correct! Likely a kid, re-read the credential or lack thereof. There are many infiltrating these forums, even posing as conservative, could also be AI or a BOT. Very simple guys and gals, don't feed trolls! They will pop up again under a different name. Fortunately, there don't seem to be too many here.

And what about the transfillintheblanks that commit mass.murders or the Antifa radicals that commit arson and murder? Are they Christians? Or are they perverts? I think we can safely assume they are not Christians.

The.Left supports Communist ideals which are not Christian concepts. Communism is directly responsible for.more human deaths than any other doctrine in history. Now have people corrupted Christian ideals in order to gain control? Sure, but it is those concepts that eventually bring them under control. Even the ideas that people should be left to lead their lives and treated fairly is a Christian value nyala t found in other doctrines.
Auto correct strikes again! The last sentence should have said that allowing people to live their lives and treating them fairly is a Christian value NOT found in other doctrines. I like nyalas, but they don't have anything to do with what I was talking about.

You’ve completely misunderstood the background and intent of the establishment clause. The point was to limit government interference in the church, basically preventing the weaponizing of the church as they had experienced under the British. The point was not to limit the influence of Christianity in governance. It is so infused in every aspect of every document, to believe otherwise is to completely ignore history.

If you don’t believe that Christian values are or should be the underpinning of our system of government, what version of truth would you hold to? Where is the line drawn and who draws it, you? What if I don’t like where you draw the line?

There are a few foundational documents you should read before you Wade to much deeper into this discussion. I would start with bastiat’s treatise ‘The Law’.
Raised in the south, but unaffiliated with any church, a very concerned woman asked my father how he expected to raise a decent child who would know right from wrong. He answered that he would tell me what was morally right and wrong based on general decency. She was utterly befuddled.

I don’t think a reasonable person needs to consult a book, a preacher, or a politician to judge right from wrong. Not to be confused with things that just make ya feel weird when you see ‘em.

There are some good parables in most every religious book, but truth is supported by facts, not good stories. History does show religion to be the underpinning of law and government, but history can inform the future without dictating it. “Because it’s always been that way” doesn’t do it for me.

If religion works for you then good; everyone deserves comfort and hope. Religion does not work for me though. I would prefer the state to keep any imposition of religion off of me. There are a lot of folks who do not want laws whose only basis is in religion imposed on them. Blue laws are a simple example.

Last edited:
WTNR, most people, on this forum would disagree with your ideology, that will not change regardless of how you present your point of view. So obviously you joined this forum for the same reasons that most of us have. I read your response regarding “ your credentials “ as we are all hunters and can agree on the premise of wild life conservation and hunting. How do you relate to the idea of conservation and limited government. Welcome aboard as I see that you recently joined this group of merry men.
Thank you for the welcome and I do realize I’m pissing up a rope here. Don’t really expect to change any minds.

Regarding conservation and limited government I think the definition of those terms have changed quite a bit over time.

Conservation and management of natural resources and wild spaces is very important to me. We should take mindfully with the understanding that we don’t truly understand the impact of any of the changes we make. If evidence arises that we are doing more harm than good, change course. Science is a hellofa thing and damn if it don’t work from time to time.

Limited government should be a self-trimming government. Spend money where it makes a difference; spend smartly. Create solutions to problems that have a natural lifecycle rather than another department that will live on in perpetuity. Limit what the government has to say about what I do. Do what is necessary to make public schools work. All easy fixes right?

Raised in the south, but unaffiliated with any church, a very concerned woman asked my father how he expected to raise a decent child who would know right from wrong. He answered that he would tell me what was morally right and wrong based on general decency. She was utterly befuddled.

I don’t think a reasonable person needs to consult a book, a preacher, or a politician to judge right from wrong. Not to be confused with things that just make ya feel weird when you see ‘em.

There are some good parables in most every religious book, but truth is supported by facts, not good stories. History does show religion to be the underpinning of law and government, but history can inform the future without dictating it. “Because it’s always been that way” doesn’t do it for me.

If religion works for you then good; everyone deserves comfort and hope. Religion does not work for me though. I would prefer the state to keep any imposition of religion off of me. There are a lot of folks who do not want laws whose only basis is in religion imposed on them. Blue laws are a simple example.
That is all very well and good, but the problem is when woke wants to abolish religion that works for me. To borrow something from the gen X's 'you do you bro and let me do me'.

Thank you for the welcome and I do realize I’m pissing up a rope here. Don’t really expect to change any minds.

Regarding conservation and limited government I think the definition of those terms have changed quite a bit over time.

Conservation and management of natural resources and wild spaces is very important to me. We should take mindfully with the understanding that we don’t truly understand the impact of any of the changes we make. If evidence arises that we are doing more harm than good, change course. Science is a hellofa thing and damn if it don’t work from time to time.

Limited government should be a self-trimming government. Spend money where it makes a difference; spend smartly. Create solutions to problems that have a natural lifecycle rather than another department that will live on in perpetuity. Limit what the government has to say about what I do. Do what is necessary to make public schools work. All easy fixes right?
Why do you feel it is either your part or your right to change our minds? You said your dad raised you to respect decency, so is it decent to impose your views on others? And I am talking as much about the woke movement in general as you yourself. Why are you on this group expounding clearly non-hunting topics when you are fully aware that the good and decent folks here are here to enjoy their hunting subject because it pleases them, makes them happy? Are you on a mission? A cause? Who sent you?
I think, as it is my right to make an assessment, that you are a lonely person looking for interaction and fulfilment. May I suggest in all sincerity and goodwill that you take up that 375 of yours and come to Africa on safari. You will find folks of all walks of life working extremely hard on your behalf, none of whom will preech their views to you. But they laugh a lot and get a great kick out of making you happy.

Religion is where man puts himself on the throne that belongs to God.
Religion is of man.

Where do morality, the knowledge of right and wrong and common or “general” decency come from (I know where they come from)? And how do you reconcile that with the woke movement and progressivism in general?

What exactly does this guy “get”?

Lol. SPLC as a source. I am sorry.

What is truly frightening are the ideologues who cannot carry on a logical conversation. They not only call good evil and evil good per the verse from Is., they believe it. They have truly lost the ability to think critically and discern good and evil. What is more, they seek to destroy anyone who disagrees with them.
Spot on, and every ideology out there has its blind sheep.

WellThatsNotRight, you are both naive and dangerous at the same time. Your sophomoric dismissal of religion and its role as the foundation of the morality and virtue required to be an honest public servant is insulting. Minus religion, specifically, Christianity from which our entire Western Civilization sprung forth, you have nothing but moral relativism. Do you believe man simply became moral, virtuous, and honest by his own design? And yes, our religion does have problems, problems resulting from human shortfalls and failings. Those shortfalls do not invalidate religion itself. You're dangerous too, because you're eloquent and we'll spoken, the embodiment of who the passage from Isaiah warns us of. The world is full of your kind though, and always has been. All that said, I agree with others these types of discussions are not what I came to find in this website.

WellThatsNotRight, you are both naive and dangerous at the same time. Your sophomoric dismissal of religion and its role as the foundation of the morality and virtue required to be an honest public servant is insulting. Minus religion, specifically, Christianity from which our entire Western Civilization sprung forth, you have nothing but moral relativism. Do you believe man simply became moral, virtuous, and honest by his own design? And yes, our religion does have problems, problems resulting from human shortfalls and failings. Those shortfalls do not invalidate religion itself. You're dangerous too, because you're eloquent and we'll spoken, the embodiment of who the passage from Isaiah warns us of. The world is full of your kind though, and always has been. All that said, I agree with others these types of discussions are not what I came to find in this website.
Exactly! If morality is purely relative and subjective then anything can be considered moral! That’s exactly why people en masse have come to call good evil and evil good. This post modernism garbage is so harmful to society it’s mind boggling.

Exactly! If morality is purely relative and subjective then anything can be considered moral! That’s exactly why people en masse have come to call good evil and evil good. This post modernism garbage is so harmful to society it’s mind boggling.

Absolutely, if there are no absolutes who draws the line on what is right and wrong? Is there a right and wrong? If there is not, do I just take what I want regardless on the impact to others? It sounds like a return to the dark ages!

The old (and correct) Relationship vs Religion.
Religions fill your time. Relationship changes your life.
God created man to need the relationship He had with us to fulfil that created need, then man made so many rules for that relationship that it became religion. Jesus came to correct that relationship, but again over time, man has eroded the relationship to a religion among the majority who call them selves Christian - a majority, but by no means all, as there are still those who acknowledge God on His Throne, with no "rules" of man, and worship our Creator God Himself within the relationship He created..
All the woke syndromes and subdivisions have become thier own man made segmented religion that is incorporated in the religion of marx who replaced a relationship with God with a religion of "equality" (that never did and never can reach the goals subscribed to by its adherents) and a logical evolution to corrupt the young in the west which it has done to devestating effect.

What exactly does this guy “get”?
Looking at your post history all you have done on this site seems to be argue politics and with a screen name like yours I can go ahead and say I am not going to be following your content on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you