vette447

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, DSC
Hunted
USA (AK,CO,NM,WY,TX,KS,OK), Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Argentina, France
I am currently searching for one of these Winchester Model 70 (controlled round feed) Classic Stainless rifles that were made a few years back in 375 H&H in very good++ condition. Please let me know if you have one available or may know of one.

I'd look at Gunbroker or other web sites that have used Arms to sell,,a search of Cabelas used guns may also turn up something,,take your time, one will pop up,,if not look for a CZ or a Whitworth very nice Rifles and Less money

I have one that I could get rid of( it's been gathering dust in my safe for a few years). It's a win mod 70 classic stainless in 375h&h. It has been completely accurized, lugs, crown, bedded, 30oz trigger, muzzle break etc.
It wears a custom HH precision synthetic stock, base, rings and a very nice 3-9 kahles scope. It it very accurate and in really good shape if. Recall.
If interested in this setup, send me your email and I can shoot over some pics in a couple of days.

Rob44,

Thanks for the suggestions, I do keep my eyes on Gunbroker, Cabela's, and all of the other usual places I can think of so I thought I would give this forum a try as well.

Billcollecter,

I was mostly thinking about trying to find a base model gun, since they are usually fairly inexpensive, and then adding a little customization to it. However, it sounds like some of your enhancements may fall inline with some of those that I had planned. I sent you a PM with my email address. I am interested to learn more about your rifle if you are interested in selling.

Thanks!

Vette447

Last edited:
I am currently searching for one of these Winchester Model 70 (controlled round feed) Classic Stainless rifles that were made a few years back in 375 H&H in very good++ condition. Please let me know if you have one available or may know of one.

I found one last fall in Alberta, Canada. I'm having it re-barreled to 404 Jeffery. Keep any eye on ProxiBid online auctions.
When I was looking I just Googled Winchester Model 70 stainless 375H&H. Just saw this one: http://www.louisianasportsman.com/l...sifieds&event=view&action=single_ad&id=479102

8x68,
The 404 Jeffery project sounds like a great way to re-purpose one of these rifles. I would live to see it, and hear a range report, when it is finished. Thanks for the link to that rifle that is for sale on the Lousiana forum. At first I was pretty excited about that one but unfortunately that post appears to be from 2013. I will keep looking for now, at look forward to hearing back from Billcollector.

8x68,
The 404 Jeffery project sounds like a great way to re-purpose one of these rifles. I would live to see it, and hear a range report, when it is finished. Thanks for the link to that rifle that is for sale on the Lousiana forum. At first I was pretty excited about that one but unfortunately that post appears to be from 2013. I will keep looking for now, at look forward to hearing back from Billcollector.
Sorry I didn't notice the post date. Bummer. You could always buy a wood stock version and order a synthetic style stock from someone. CZ 550's are a nice choice and if memory serves you get 2 extra rounds in the mag. Just for your FYI here is a CZ: http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com...lar-comp-stock-stock-blue-finish-p-23500.html
You could try this guy: http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_General/63_Guns_Hunting/396871_Winchester_Model_70_375_H_amp_H.html
Just keep browsing gun sites, classifieds, etc. They are out there just a case of timing, or I hope the one Billcollector has works out for you.

Take care

Vette 447 Please to meet you. I have a 375H&H classic stainless steel rifle in mint condition, for sale. I am in South Africa. If you are interested, contact me and let us discuss. Regards Pieter

Last edited by a moderator:
Vette 447 Please to meet you. I have a 375H&H classic stainless steel rifle in mint condition, for sale. I am in South Africa. If you are interested, contact me on email let us discuss. Regards Pieter
Welcome to AH.

Wanted to let you know...
@vette447 posted his request in March 2015.
If he's still checking AH, you may want to send him a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg