Wilson Combat 10mm 1911

There are more than a few alaskan brown bear guides that carry a 10mm sidearm for just that purpose.

saul sounds very nice, i just checked all the different 1911 variations from different manufacturers at the sci show and just depressed myself with what i wanted but couldnt have :(

I feel your pain Mike. Used to live in Switzerland and owned a few handguns :(

I feel your pain Mike. Used to live in Switzerland and owned a few handguns :(

we still lucky as we can have handguns in jersey just hard to get new ones, but its got better recently with one dealer importing from usa as well . got in zambia as well so cant complain :)as not like you lot over the water there :(. we get a uk shooting club that comes over a couple times a year to shoot with one of the clubs here. so they use up quite a lot of ammo using the s/a rifles and hand guns (y) just when you go to the usa and get to look at all thats on offer and thinking that one, and that one and that one........:D thats when its a pain .......i would need an aircraft hangar if i lived in usa to store the one or two guns in would have........;)

They do? Now these guys I need to talk to!

A quote from another forum ... Take it for what it's worth

I pack my Glock 20 10mm with TFO sights at all times when in the woods. It is about the best possible combination of adequate caliber, high capacity, reliable gun, lightweight and weatherproof. On the thread that A7Dave posted above, one of the 10mm advocates was a poster named "BRWNBR" who is Alaska Master Guide license #212. It would seem that is Jake Jefferson who posts as "fourtyonesix" here on AR. If its good enough for him, then its good enough for me!

just out of interest how does the recoil in a 10mm 1911 compare to a .45acp version. give it to me in say difference between .38spcl and .357 .....have shot common hand gun cals from .22 up to 454 casull in semiauto and revolvers , but never 10mm....

just out of interest how does the recoil in a 10mm 1911 compare to a .45acp version.

It really depends on the load... several 10mm factory loads are only slightly hotter than a .40... and I would say are very close/comparable to a .45 ACP in terms of recoil..

If youre talking a full power hand load or one of the 10mm loads that were intentionally manufactured on the "hot" end of the scale.. recoil in the 10mm can be considerably higher (think .45ACP in a magnum variant)..

Similar to the big bore discussion about which calibers produce a "push" vs a "strike" type recoil.. the 10mm when loaded hot can be very snappy and hard on the hand.. but when loaded in the mid range in a larger, heavier pistol like a Delta Elite its very manageable, even pleasurable (IMO) to shoot...

It really depends on the load... several 10mm factory loads are only slightly hotter than a .40... and I would say are very close/comparable to a .45 ACP in terms of recoil..

If youre talking a full power hand load or one of the 10mm loads that were intentionally manufactured on the "hot" end of the scale.. recoil in the 10mm can be considerably higher (think .45ACP in a magnum variant)..

Similar to the big bore discussion about which calibers produce a "push" vs a "strike" type recoil.. the 10mm when loaded hot can be very snappy and hard on the hand.. but when loaded in the mid range in a larger, heavier pistol like a Delta Elite its very manageable, even pleasurable (IMO) to shoot...

ok thanks for the info :D Beers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!