WiFi on Delta?

cms62236

AH member
Joined
Jan 5, 2023
Messages
19
Reaction score
62
Just curious. Leaving from ATL to OR Tambo Saturday on Delta. It originally said we had free onboard WiFi. I just got an email from Delta and it appears there is no WiFi on board. Has anyone flown that route lately and did you have on WiFi coming and going for free? And if not did you/could you purchase the option(I am a Skymiles medallion member so it should be free if available). Thanks in advance.
 
It's got to be broken then. There's no way they would knowingly not have onboard wifi on a transatlantic flight.

Better pre-download some Netflix shows...that's a long flight with no entertainment.
 
Flew that route in July and wifi was up and running!
 
flew it end of june/early july. no go both ways.
 
It’s only active for a little bit past the coast line. They do not have satellite coverage over the Atlantic heading to Joberg. It makes for a long,long 16 hour flight. I believe this might have to do with them changing providers when they moved over to free WiFi through their fleet but I am only guessing on this. Once you get on the plane, there is a function on the seat back monitor that allows you to see the coverage area. It is very anemic compared to what it used to be and the route to Africa has zero coverage. I was just on this flight two weeks ago.
 
Flew over end July then back mid August. Wifi for about a few hours on the way there then nothing the rest of the flight. No WiFi on the way back. Plan on not having it. Seat back movies or download your entertainment.
 
There is old wifi and new wifi. Some planes have old and some have new. It’s a dice roll to see if you’ll have new. The new WiFi was supposed to be up and running but the rocket with the Viasat satellite exploded after launch, delaying the new system a couple of years. The new is only able to receive a signal close to land unfortunately.
 
Just curious. Leaving from ATL to OR Tambo Saturday on Delta. It originally said we had free onboard WiFi. I just got an email from Delta and it appears there is no WiFi on board. Has anyone flown that route lately and did you have on WiFi coming and going for free? And if not did you/could you purchase the option(I am a Skymiles medallion member so it should be free if available). Thanks in advance.
Yes that happened go me going and worked on the way back.

IMG_0014.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Went Mid June return July 4 worked both ways, was not free, I don't remember how much it was.
 
Many thanks all. Guess I will hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Thankfully the Delta entertainment feature is usually passable and I will bring along a good book or two.
 
Many thanks all. Guess I will hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Thankfully the Delta entertainment feature is usually passable and I will bring along a good book or two.

If you have Netflix, pre download the shows/movies to your phone and tablet. Then you have the seatback entertainment as well. A good book or two to fill the time helps as well.

For me, even paying for the Wifi on UA, it was only good for messaging my wife and checking emails. You can't use it as a means to stream movies/tv anyway. It's too slow. At least that's how it was with UA. It was worth the couple bucks to be able to talk to my wife seamlessly.

On our way back they had issues with it as well and it went out for an hour or two.
 
Just curious. Leaving from ATL to OR Tambo Saturday on Delta. It originally said we had free onboard WiFi. I just got an email from Delta and it appears there is no WiFi on board. Has anyone flown that route lately and did you have on WiFi coming and going for free? And if not did you/could you purchase the option(I am a Skymiles medallion member so it should be free if available). Thanks in advance.
Flew July no go both ways
 
Plane and airport wifi are usually alright though they shake sometimes.
All plane wifi may not be fast at large capacity.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,266
Messages
1,571,047
Members
169,250
Latest member
JoieHarget
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top