Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SA wingshooters, GOSA,
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Botswana
**Before I get into it: I am not against hunting elephant- at all- nor am I against the hunting of any game creature walking this planet. This is simply a question behind subjective motivation or appeal.

I'm interested to hear from those of you who have or plan to hunt ellies: what's the attraction or motivation FOR YOU? I understand the conservation aspect, as with any species, I also understand the PAC side of things. My question is more aimed at what the appeal is to you as a hunter on a personal level?

In addition, what's the hunt like? I know a lot of guys who have hunted them and the statement that pops up a lot is "you hunt elephant with your feet", so obviously lots of walking.

Then lastly, I'm quite an emotional hunter- I get attached to what I'm hunting. I'm sure the emotional ride while hunting them (and after the shot) must be pretty intense, anyone willing to share experiences?

Cheers

Pondoro

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Namibia and Botswana
You hunt a huge iconic animal..I love the thrill and excitement of the hunt itself..and the rifles and calibres involved...to me it is the pinnacle of hunting..

It is also about nostalgia..to still be able to do what elephant hunters did early in the last century..

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
I have been close to elephants in the wild, and yes, there is a certain feeling which I cannot explain.

So, I would just love to go through the experience of hunting one, (a good one) if I can somehow afford it.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Elephant hunting, done properly, is one of the toughest hunts you will experience. You cover a lot of miles and when you close you are facing one of the most dangerous and intelligent animals that exist. They are incredible creatures and the hunt is challenging, rewarding and emotional.

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Elephant hunting, done properly, is one of the toughest hunts you will experience. You cover a lot of miles and when you close you are facing one of the most dangerous and intelligent animals that exist. They are incredible creatures and the hunt is challenging, rewarding and emotional.

Not to mention that it is also addictive, and dangerous to your wallet. I have a tuskless on the menu as an addon for August.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuthGerste

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J