Whisky appreciation

Actually Canadian whiskey is just a whiskey made in Canada. Usually they are blends with corn typically being the predominant grain and the amount of rye can vary if it has it at all. So, JP Wiser didn't lie at all. From how adamantly negative you are concerning this I'm pretty certain none of this will sway your opinion. Just like I'm not a fan of Islay Scotch for it's often overbearing peat IMO. To each their own.
Rotted corn has no place in a bottle. LOL
 
My go-to is always Costco's 20 yr old scotch. Outstanding at a great price. Here's mine:
20180916_183332.jpg


Also just picked up a bottle of this crown extra rare at the class 6 at a sweet $50 discount.
20180916_183405.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No truer words have been spoken .....you sir are a true gentleman . My opinion is simple some I just like a little better then others .
Glen
I like all variants whisky/whiskey and taste is as subjective on the tongue as it is in picking a calibre of rifle.

Surely it's the one topic that can't be hijacked into disagreement.
 
A cup of whiskey is what I need in order to have a good night sleep. My dog is too noisy that it leaves me thinking of getting a bark collar, but good thing whiskey helps me to fall asleep despite the barking and all.
 
I enjoy Jim Beam Apple on ice. Lol. Was almost afraid to post with the fancy or high end brands mentioned here.
My old man is a rum fanatic, I once bought him a great bottle of single malt for a birthday. He promptly returned it for a bottle of cheap beenleigh rum.

These days when I'm there I drink beenleigh with him, and what's more i enjoy it!

Never been a big fan of beam, but haven't heard of the apple version. Will keep an eye out.
 
Something a bit different, got this as a sample. Quite a nice rum.
20181029_204402.jpeg
 
Old Charter 10year old works for me or Jack Black
 
48E28B9E-85E4-4E6A-B785-5E34FD2EB828.png

This stuff is the bomb! I know it’s not whisky but sometimes a change is good. Great after a long day sitting on your watch!
Oh and it’s only available in Canada, Eh!
 
Headed to the Beer, Bourbon, and BBQ festival in Cary, NC on the 28th. Supposed to be at least 15 different distilleries represented there including Evan Williams/Heaven Hill, Four Roses, Buffalo Trace, Jim Beam, Makers Mark, and more. Should be a great time!
Sounds like a great party to me!
 
A cup of whiskey is what I need in order to have a good night sleep. My dog is too noisy that it leaves me thinking of getting a bark collar, but good thing whiskey helps me to fall asleep despite the barking and all.
I have been trying this with my barking dog. It works well, but I have to use a funnel to get him to swallow the whole cup. I use Bushmills, as he is an Irish Setter............sometimes I take a taste or two..............FWB
 
Famous Grouse is about the best blend you can get.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,380
Members
169,551
Latest member
tefiliri1980
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top