Which Red Dot Reflex for a 9.3x62?

Which Red Dot Reflex for a 9.3x62?

• Trijicon RMR

• Leupold Delta Point

• Burris Fastfire

• Something Else - Please comment below

Results are only viewable after voting.
Docter looks good but I don't like the look of having to take the sight off to change the battery...

Tradeoffs. Two screws to change batteries, and in return less likely to have the battery fall out and its superior in its water resistance. It's also one of, if not THE lowest profile sight that exists.

Tradeoffs. Two screws to change batteries, and in return less likely to have the battery fall out and its superior in its water resistance. It's also one of, if not THE lowest profile sight that exists.

That's true I suppose. Also has the most versatile mounting foot print. The block for machine is en route to me so will take it along to have a look at a few sights.

This block:
LRn5JDvl.jpg

Can be machined to a dovetail and takes the Leupold Delta Points, J Points, Shield RMS/SMS and Redfield Accelerator.

With this adapter plate:
1799.jpg

Docter footplate can be used (Burris, Kahles and some others)

So I now need a shop with a good range of optics to go and look at...

Scrummy

Attachments

• LRn5JDvl.jpg
    LRn5JDvl.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 322
  • 1799.jpg
    1799.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 328

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.25.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.25.15 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 335
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.25.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.25.16 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 337
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.25.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.25.18 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 326
Wherabouts of €500, certainly Leica prices ;-)

Bit less than €400 for the Kahles. Only thing I don't like about the Kahles is only 4 intensity settings... Leica has 12, Leupold Deltapoint Pro has 8...

i prefer to be able to change battery quickly if needed, without removing the sight

how on earth would battery fall out? unless you leave the battery cap completely loose??

I have a Rigby style cocking piece sight on the rifle but I would like to put a red dot where the express V sight is on the barrel band:

4MVk2lv.jpg
Never used a ghost ring on the bolt cocking piece. Interesting. Where did you source it, and are they pretty accurate? (FYI I'm thinking along the lines of putting one on my FN 9.3x62.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.26.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.26.30 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 342
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.26.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.26.33 AM.png
    859.8 KB · Views: 333
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.26.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.26.47 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 330
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.26.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.26.49 AM.png
    721.2 KB · Views: 329
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.26.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.26.50 AM.png
    605.5 KB · Views: 316
I used this: https://www.prechtl-waffen.de/waffenteile-cat298.html

Also John Mclaughlin is doing them: https://mclaughlincustomfirearms.com/rigby-peep-sights/

Shoots quite well I find, but front post is rather fat and low light is not the friend of iron sights...

Thanks, kindly, for that info!! (y)
My FN has a Sprinter barrel and a fitted after market foresight, that stands about 3/4" above the barrel - so it's nice and high - and I notice the bead itself is a bright orange!

Last edited:
i prefer to be able to change battery quickly if needed, without removing the sight

how on earth would battery fall out? unless you leave the battery cap completely loose??

Oh I don’t know. Maybe a 470NE recoiling, or dropping a rifle, or sliding through some thick Jess?

What you think is a defect the designers probably thought was a feature. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Turning the tables, what happens when the battery drawer falls out never to be found again during a hunt?

Thanks, kindly, for that info!! (y)
My FN has a Sprinter barrel and a fitted after market foresight, that stands about 3/4" above the barrel - so it's nice and high - and I notice the bead itself is a bright orange!

Interesting stuff. Any chance of a picture?

Interesting stuff. Any chance of a picture?

I recently changed the fixed 4x Pecar Berlin over to a Burris 3-9x, as I don't like the German post reticle, and it also has roll-on roll off scope mounts. It also came with a second walnut stock - that stays wrapped up!! I recently loaded up some 286gr Woodleigh RNSN and it shoots very accurately indeed!!

20190423_100757.jpg

20190506_202852.jpg

Thanks!! It shoots nice too!! I was bequeathed this rifle from my mate. He intended using it in Africa - but passed before he could use it. So I'm rectifying this on his behalf in June. My brother is (but fast becoming was) a 7mm Weatherby Mag man, and after drooling over the crimped rounds I've just loaded up, he's itching to try it out!!

20190421_190714.jpg

Oh I don’t know. Maybe a 470NE recoiling, or dropping a rifle, or sliding through some thick Jess?

What you think is a defect the designers probably thought was a feature. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Turning the tables, what happens when the battery drawer falls out never to be found again during a hunt?
images

here is a pic
by the way i wasnt trying to start an argument just pointing out facts....
just behind the lens in a sort of recessed tray is the battery compartment, u need to turn this about 30 degrees with either a coin, screwdriver, primer end of a decent size rifle round or possibly a knife. it has a rubber seal and is fairly tight
mine is on a 416 RM, for 5+ years now and recoil never did a thing
doubt any vegetation can get in there and turn this cap and then remove it
and well if i lose the lid and battery, then i will remove the sight(quick release mount on my blaser) put it in my pocket and shoot with open sights untill i get it all sorted

best regards

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 308
Also the Burris has a housing / dust cover that you can look through which is helpful.

Also the Burris has a housing / dust cover that you can look through which is helpful.

So true
Inactually forgot anout that
I leave mine on most of the time
Works very well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.