which powder

yamoon

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA Life, ASSRA, GCCA
Things are working out, to get the 1910 9.5x57 M-S shooting. Dies in route, likewise Speer 235gr bullets. I have Ball c2 and WW748, any thoughts on a starting load. I will be using 30-06 brass.
Thanks Mike

I'm looking for a similar load, and managed to find some 270 grain Woodleighs for it.

I haven't found many loads yet, but loaddata.com has some listed. I've also seen discussions at the Nitro Express forums. Right now I'm trying to gather as much info as I can and then run it all through quick load.

Things are working out, to get the 1910 9.5x57 M-S shooting. Dies in route, likewise Speer 235gr bullets. I have Ball c2 and WW748, any thoughts on a starting load. I will be using 30-06 brass.
Thanks Mike
@yamoon
Here are some loads from load from a disc using .375 diameter projectiles that may be of use.
They are from load from a disc and using different projectile and powders. See bottom left corner for projectile weights and seating depth.
Cheers mate
Bob

20220708_103745.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The 375 Whelen would have more case capacity as 35 Whelen is often used as donor brass to make 9.15x57 cases, they have to be shortened to 2.24 inched and shoulder set back & neck expanded.
Mike

Thanks again, I made up 20 cases from 30-06 brass, much easier than I expected. Now a trip to the range is in order.
Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyan65373

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.