which powder

yamoon

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jun 11, 2022
Messages
399
Reaction score
1,635
Location
Junction City, Ks
Member of
NRA Life, ASSRA, GGCA
Things are working out, to get the 1910 9.5x57 M-S shooting. Dies in route, likewise Speer 235gr bullets. I have Ball c2 and WW748, any thoughts on a starting load. I will be using 30-06 brass.
Thanks Mike
 
I'm looking for a similar load, and managed to find some 270 grain Woodleighs for it.

I haven't found many loads yet, but loaddata.com has some listed. I've also seen discussions at the Nitro Express forums. Right now I'm trying to gather as much info as I can and then run it all through quick load.
 
Things are working out, to get the 1910 9.5x57 M-S shooting. Dies in route, likewise Speer 235gr bullets. I have Ball c2 and WW748, any thoughts on a starting load. I will be using 30-06 brass.
Thanks Mike
@yamoon
Here are some loads from load from a disc using .375 diameter projectiles that may be of use.
They are from load from a disc and using different projectile and powders. See bottom left corner for projectile weights and seating depth.
Cheers mate
Bob

20220708_103745.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The 375 Whelen would have more case capacity as 35 Whelen is often used as donor brass to make 9.15x57 cases, they have to be shortened to 2.24 inched and shoulder set back & neck expanded.
Mike
 
Thanks again, I made up 20 cases from 30-06 brass, much easier than I expected. Now a trip to the range is in order.
Mike
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,802
Members
169,416
Latest member
wanda_tiller
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top