Which one or botb?

Take both, you have a backup if something happens with one or the other.
 
What seven besides the buffalo did you harvest? I am going for buffalo, Sable, Gemsbuck, Kudu, Nyala and possibly Roan. If the distance is under 150 yards the 416 sould be fine I think. Beyond that I would choose the 375 H&H. Realistically, whatever the bush gives you will be dealt with by whatever is in my hand at the time.
Waterbuck, 2 blue wildebeest, impala, kudu, zebra and warthog plus with the buffalo. I used a 400gr Barnes TSX in the .416.
In the .375, I used a 300gr Swift AF.
 
Take the .375 HH, sell the .416.... You will thank me.
The .375 will take everything you will encounter. I have used .458 Lott, .458 WM, .416 Rem Mag, .416 Rigby. All kill buffalo. The .375 HH kills them just as dead.
 
Buffalo Bore has 400gr TSX loaded in their 416 Ruger @2400 fps. That would be the ticket, if you can find them in stock. Hornady just released some 416 brass so maybe BB will load more soon.
My vote!
 
I vote for the .416 ruger mainly because I aspire to own one soon and want to see your results for my own edification . Selfish reasons for sure but I am being honest.
 
I have a CZ 550 in .375 H&H. It shoots well and the recoil is moderate. The moderate recoil is largely because it's a heavy rifle. I've used it for buffalo and a variety of plains game and it has worked well. I have no experience with the Winchester.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,413
Members
169,565
Latest member
LoreneDand
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top