Which gun system to bring back ?

Do you think a 458 Lott case would fit in there? Or the magazine is too specific size wise?
The rotary magazines are very specific, size wise.

Based on CIP dimensions, the .458 Lott is COAL of 91.44mm and a case length of 71.12mm.
The Win Mag is COAL is 84.84mm, and case length of 63.50mm.

I don't think that COAL will fit in the magazine itself, and I'm not even sure it will fit in the action.

CIP links:
 
NEMO Omen 458WM (only 2 ever made)...except make it in a 458LOTT!
 
I’d like to have a cape gun style shotgun 20 gauge sxs with one barrel rifled and irons or a rmr mount.
 
Furtschegers shop is neat. It's right next door to Tyrolean Jagdverband (Tee-ROLL hunting association). Both are neat.

I have a flier from him I picked up last year. If I remember I will try to take it to the office and scan it for you.

He probably has something similar on his website, if he has a website.
 
Plastic stocks worldwide could be used to fuel the steel furnaces.
Really, from what I have seen 1962 things started to go downhill in the last two years with quality.
 
Best I can do for you there is a .458 WinMag. But there were so few of them made.

But I love that rotary mag.
20240625_192929.jpg



HWL
 
@Muskox, I thought Hartmann & Weiss and Dorleac and Dorleac used older actions. Hartmann & Weiss has reportedly manufactured them, but their website is down. On the Dorleac and Dorleac webpage they indicate they use heeren actions "originally made by Nagel and Menz, Stefan Heym or Outschar..." I believe Nagel & Menz were working in the 1880s, Stefan Heym in the early 1900s - followed by Kerner until 1945.
Also made post-war by Omega for Glaser in Switzerland and Outschar in Ferlach into the 1970s. The webpage for Christian Furtschegger - waffen insicates they are making them and on another webpage references them as the 'Fallblockbuchse Furtschegger - Kufstein System Heeren.'
Thanks for the direction, there is hope!
Hartman & Weiss make a Mauser type action . They will sell actions only if you wish . Ralph Martini in Canada offers a H&W action as an extra on his custom rifles .
 
Hartman & Weiss make a Mauser type action . They will sell actions only if you wish . Ralph Martini in Canada offers a H&W action as an extra on his custom rifles .
I’m referring to heeren single shot actions. I understand Martini worked with Hagn actions and H&W worked with both.
 
Reborn old inventions.
1. Steyr Mannlicher resurrected the rotary magazine in the 80s-90s, but the plastic they used instead of good old steel was programmed to break down within a couple of years.
2. In the late '50s, when Rheinmetall started the production of the MG3, i.e. the MG52 in 7,62 NATO, they had to recall from retirement old foremen ad machinists knowing the secrets of welding the steel stamped receiver.
 
The Kongsberg Lakelander rifle that has the Mannlicher type magazine .
 
Jones underlevers
Check with Rigby. They are building an underlever in 577 NE or 600 NE. I could have ordered number 2 a couple weeks ago. They have number 1 coming through now. Quite economical considering the competition :)

Ended up buying a used H&H Royal in 500 NE for just a bit more $ ;)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,282
Messages
1,571,657
Members
169,390
Latest member
NTVReyes77
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top