Screenshot (537).png
    685.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot (538).png
    Screenshot (538).png
    348.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot (539).png
    Screenshot (539).png
    136.7 KB · Views: 74
I think that the Model 70 is hard to beat at any price. Mount a quality 1X - 6X on it and go hunting.

Hi Everyone, I am looking to purchase a .375 and am considering either the CZ550 American or the Winchester M70 Safari Express. I'd like some views on these two rifles. I already own a 550 and am quite happy with it but the Winchester looks really nice as well. Any other suggestions are welcome.
Hi
I have a Safari Express in a 416 rem.
Great rifle, I would buy another one for sure.

Thanks for the great feedback. I would prefer a rifle that doesnt need any additional work. I'll certainly have a look at the Caprivi - looks nice. Just need to find out who stocks them here in South Africa.
J

I'm a fan of the CZ...but that's me.
My 375H&H ended up costing me a bit over $3K when it was all done.
I had AHR do a #2 upgrade and added a Leupold 1.5-5x20 scope.
It was DG ready and not a full on custom build or a custom price.

The M70 Winchester is a fine rifle and will serve you well.
I believe the double square bridge of the CZ is worth the trouble.

If you want to stay with CRF rifles another option is the Kimber Caprivi.
A little more refined than the M70, but along the same lines.
Yes, the price is a bit higher as well.

Lastly, there's always the Blaser R8:A Stirring:

You should feel each rifle before you buy them.
See what really feels good to you.[/QUOTE

be wary of just trying in the gunshop.
I did that and ended up with two sakos.
they felt finer in the hand than win m70.
what a mistake.
later purchase of a win m70 proved it to be more controllable in the field, as well as easier to reload.
all m70s have shot acceptably, unlike sako, and no trigger has ever fallen off a m70, also unlike sako.
bruce.

I would not buy the CZ.

be wary of just trying in the gunshop.
I did that and ended up with two sakos.
they felt finer in the hand than win m70.
what a mistake.
later purchase of a win m70 proved it to be more controllable in the field, as well as easier to reload.
all m70s have shot acceptably, unlike sako, and no trigger has ever fallen off a m70, also unlike sako.
bruce.
So, you have had a trigger fall of one of your Sakos? Please, do tell..

I know it's not on your list, but...

375 Ruger Guide Gun, vastly prefer it to the Winchesters and the CZ 375's I have owned

The problem with 375 Ruger is availability of ammo in some places. 375HH can be found anywhere.

My vote will always go for the " Rifleman's Rifle " ... The good , old Winchester Model 70 . I would highly recommend getting yours with a super grade stock and a heavy " Bull " barrel . It is everything you need for a safari and much , much more.

I own 7 Model 70's, which 2 are 375 H&H and 1 416 rem. You can't go wrong with the model 70 Winchester, They shoot great right out of the box. Buy one and never look back.

SInce you already own a 550 I'd stick with that in a larger caliber - makes the transition easier and familiar.

Think of it this way: If you've ever shot birds with a winchester, remington, mossberg, beretta and tried to switch guns: The controls are different and, when you're hunting, that's no time to have to think where the safety is, which way to operate, how to load, etc.... For me it's far easier to have my rifles the same (Sako) and set up similarly. I did the same when I shot archery: Same rest, release, etc. The only difference when Ishot competition was sights and stabilizer.

SInce you already own a 550 I'd stick with that in a larger caliber - makes the transition easier and familiar.

Think of it this way: If you've ever shot birds with a winchester, remington, mossberg, beretta and tried to switch guns: The controls are different and, when you're hunting, that's no time to have to think where the safety is, which way to operate, how to load, etc.... For me it's far easier to have my rifles the same (Sako) and set up similarly. I did the same when I shot archery: Same rest, release, etc. The only difference when Ishot competition was sights and stabilizer.
Thank you. I would agree but i have rifles in sako ans sauer so they are all over. Went to look at the two and the model 70 just feels like better quality

Johan,
I have 2x BRNO ZKK 602 rifles in 375 H&H Magnum.. 1x BRNO ZKK 602 in 300 Win Mag and the more recent CZ 550 in 458 Win Mag... Neither of these has had any work on them and they perform flawlessly... I do hunt a lot and these work horses are fine for that... Not afraid to go into the thick stuff after buff or ellie and get the odd scratch or two. Reasonably priced and available locally... My choice by far for a 375 H&H Magnum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg