Where Does This Notion of Hunters Kill for Fun Come From?

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
https://www.mahohboh.org/where-does-this-notion-of-hunters-kill-for-fun-come-from/

Why we hunt!

By Trevor Oertel

I have listened to and read some wild theories by the anti-hunting animal rightists as to why we hunt.

One of the most active outspoken anti-hunting activists, Eduardo Goncalves, tries to ridicule hunters and finds it abnormal that we enjoy hunting. He goes so far as to claim, without naming them, that some notorious serial killers were trophy hunters – if he is trying to infer that trophy hunters are predisposed to being serial killers I have news for him. Statistical most serial killers weren’t trophy hunters so can we infer non-hunters are more predisposed to being serial killers?

Screenshot_5.jpg

To put matters into perspective, Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini were both animal loving vegetarians. It goes without saying that we all know about how these two men treated their fellow human beings.

Goncalves is the next Hitler. Nothing but a loudmouth wackjob who uses misinformation and emotional manipulation to get masses of weak minded individuals into his cult.

Like most propositions from the urbanite/neoliberal camp, this is a giant strawman: make up a fictitious caricature of those you don't like, then attack it and ridicule it to win your own argument while giving yourself some cheap grace.

Same thing as when non-hunters imagine us as merely engaging in a physical contest with the animal: if you were a real man, you'd use a bow, a spear, a stick, your bare hands. As if you could walk up to a wild animal (while he lets you!) and fight him like in the tauromachia of ancient times. To which I usually reply--yes, and to hunt a pheasant you should sprout wings and wring his neck in mid-air.

This is all about the age-old desire to make others adopt your own religion--in the ethical sense (most religions, at core, are or contain a set of ethics). The only way to combat it is to bring round as many as possible of those on the fence, thereby isolating the cult-leaders and making them look like the con-artists they are.

As Capstick famously said, we were hunters for hundreds of thousands of years until, about 50 years ago, we closeted this activity out of our self-bestowed nobility. I say nuts to that. Introduce a novice to hunting or shooting--p!ss off a Liberal.

We were born with a brain capable of making decisions for ourselves. We choose to be hunters of game, by whatever means we are comfortable with. We choose to be gun owners, shooters, gun collectors. I personally do not need any decisions made for me, by others. If I am okay with the decisions, I made for myself, why do others try to tell me I am wrong for it?

Anti-hunter (leftists in general) feel like lying is an acceptable avenue to their end goal. The victims of leftists' lies are the half of humanity that are dumber than average...that's why so few AH members are leftists...It's as simple as that.

Disney & other MSM. ;) (Bambi, Fox & the Hound, Wild Kingdom, et. al.)

I very proudly associate with the Pro Lobby,but i do say that Hunting was done for fun in my part of the world,Tigers,Leopards,Asiatic Lion,Asian Rhino,the Water Buffalo,etc,etc were Killed out of Season,without any quarters for Age,Gender,for Pelts,Heads,etc.There was a Time in my Country where if a Tiger was spotted in the vicinity,a Tiger minding his/her business,the entire Village/Settlement would Cable the Sahib/Urban Shikari ,a few Hundred people would gather for the Beat and Bang,the Tiger would be Shot Down,Photos taken,Pelt and Head sent for mounting and further displayed in the Living Room and over the evening Whiskey the Shikaris boastful tales{ Tiger wanting to do Waltz,but i wanted to Tango,Tiger went Left and i went Right and Bang Flop,etc,etc}.A talk very common in Clubs,Living Rooms of the so called Elite Shikaris of my Country.There are still few Elite Poachers in my country,but the Antis are in power,the same talk is done in Hush Hush circles nowadays as its Illegal and not Fashionable anymore to be a Hunter.
These kinda talk did give the impression that Hunter in General were Psychopaths and who would go around killing animals for fun.IMHO dedicated Hunters are some of the Finest Souls in this world who observe all kinds of Laws of nature and in general are Standup Kinda People.They invest their life in preserving Game Animals.
My only Problem with Anti/,Leftist in general is that leaving aside being Keyboard Warriors or Holding Candlelight Marches or Shaming Hunters,they have little to offer for Wildlife preservation.They wont invest a Dime into the same.The sad part world over is that the Policy Makers just listen to them.

The emotion that comes from hunting is way deeper and more complex than simply "fun". However easiest way to describe it to someone who's never experienced it is to simply say it's "fun". Saying it's fun is efficient but misleading.

Unfortunately, some of the world's greatest writers have tried to capture the emotion of hunting in words but none have ever done it. Even before written languages, ancient man tried to share what it meant to be a hunter through their paintings on cave walls. They've probably come the closest.

At this point, though, I don't expect someone who's never "gotten it" to ever "get it".

To put matters into perspective, Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini were both animal loving vegetarians. It goes without saying that we all know about how these two men treated their fellow human beings.

Goncalves is the next Hitler. Nothing but a loudmouth wackjob who uses misinformation and emotional manipulation to get masses of weak minded individuals into his cult.
Not to speak about the blood and ink from contracts they have on their hands. All is lust for money .not the animals .

50 years ago my teachers back then [ many yeara before i was born) believed in the " kind caring people " named Mao,Pol Pot, Che, Leonid and others

Now the same teachers if they were around would probably swap them for Packham,Goncalves,Bardot, and in retrospect, Indira G )

Not to speak about the blood and ink from contracts they have on their hands. All is lust for money .not the animals .

50 years ago my teachers back then [ many yeara before i was born) believed in the " kind caring people " named Mao,Pol Pot, Che, Leonid and others

Now the same teachers if they were around would probably swap them for Packham,Goncalves,Bardot, and in retrospect, Indira G )
You take any of these tree hugging little bitches to court and sue them to make an example out of him/her. You’ll see the rest of them disappear into thin air, Per.

We hunters have been civil with these deluded neocolonialists long enough, I say.

You take any of these tree hugging little bitches to court and sue them to make an example out of him/her. You’ll see the rest of them disappear into thin air, Per.

We hunters have been civil with these deluded neocolonialists long enough, I say.
All of this sounds just like commucrats. If you don't like or you fear someone you create lies and misinformation and go after him or them. This outragous fiasco with President Trump comes to mind.

All of this sounds just like commucrats. If you don't like or you fear someone you create lies and misinformation and go after him or them. This outragous fiasco with President Trump comes to mind.
I couldn’t agree more, Newboomer. People want to hate him simply because hating him is trendy (even though no logical reason exists beyond “He talks meanly”).

I couldn’t agree more, Newboomer. People want to hate him simply because hating him is trendy (even though no logical reason exists beyond “He talks meanly”).
He is a businessman. He tried to run the country like a business and scared the bejesus out of all the crooked commucrats by getting rid of deadwood. They all feared they might be next, as well they should be. I can just imagine what will happen WHEN he is reelected in 2024. He will really clean house because he won't have to worry about another term. He can turn the tables on all those who tried to get him. After all, turnabout is fair play.

https://www.mahohboh.org/where-does-this-notion-of-hunters-kill-for-fun-come-from/

Why we hunt!

By Trevor Oertel

I have listened to and read some wild theories by the anti-hunting animal rightists as to why we hunt.

One of the most active outspoken anti-hunting activists, Eduardo Goncalves, tries to ridicule hunters and finds it abnormal that we enjoy hunting. He goes so far as to claim, without naming them, that some notorious serial killers were trophy hunters – if he is trying to infer that trophy hunters are predisposed to being serial killers I have news for him. Statistical most serial killers weren’t trophy hunters so can we infer non-hunters are more predisposed to being serial killers?

View attachment 483281
They are retarded that’s why.

The individual highlighted in the article introduction is a professional lobbyist with a degree in politics.

The language used is designed to shock and outrage people who don’t know any better, thus freeing their purse strings to make the green fall into the pockets of the lobbyist.

The banner organisation, which operates a .org website, is a privately owned company. That website has a large “Donate” button in its banner and features his own drivel.

The individual has self published a number of books containing a cavalcade of outrageous lies, laughable errors and hilarious misrepresentations of IUCN data.

He also reads this site, as some of his work shows. I read a report he co authored and found a hunt report I hadn’t seen before - it was great!

The business (it really is a business) regularly doxxes hunters, seeking to have them removed from their employment or have their businesses trashed.

After all this, he has nothing to stand on other than whipping up outrage through lies. Emphasising “killing for fun” outrages people and keeps the funds rolling in.

Where Does This Notion of Hunters Kill for Fun Come From?

Very simple.
it comes from our community.
Type "fun"in search machine of our forum and you will get 19 pages of results.

Frequent phrase is: "I was hunting in Africa and it was great fun". Or. "go hunting, have fun", and similar.

i dont use word "fun" to describe my hunting impressions and emotions, but many do, as it is simple and usual word in daily english.
the hunters understand "fun" in a different way from others who dont hunt, but go to theaters go to movies, and watch shows.

Actually, "fun" becomes politically NOT correct word in hunting community.

My personal answer on "..having fun going hunting?" is clear and obviously: YES !!!!!
I go hunting, because I feel happy (=fun) to be outdoors, I like to walk , hide, creep in the woods and track trails (=fun), I like to observe and ambush anmials (=fun) and I feel proud after all, if I did good hunting/shooting, when my animal went easy and flawless from nature directly into animals heaven (=fun) and finally I really like to grill, roast or smoke venison and share it with my family and friends (=funfun). So what are You all talking abbout ?

I think, the only way to bring hunting into the next generation, is to be honest and talk straight.
Besides, I do have the balls, to get the meat, I like to eat, all by myself.
I don't let the butcher do the dirty job, getting bloody hands for me and feel not responsible and good as animal lover and hunter hater!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!