Where am I going next?

As Scott mentioned the situation in western Africa is not good. BF certainly IMO will not be huntable for a few years from what I ve heard, providing they can get a handle on the terrorists. The trackers in BF are refusing to go into the bush until they feel completely safe. Benin has been getting some terror activity in the NW portion of the country. One sponsor here that I ve spoken with isn't advertising BF for 2019 so that pretty much says it all. Since my PH in Namibia received a leopard tag for 2019 that pretty much made up my mind to postpone Benin or BF for a few years as see what happens. Certainly not worth the risk.
 
In conversations with JohnyB, he has related some info from a member outfitter here that BF is pretty much off the table for now. I have put in a request for info from another member outfitter and haven't heard back yet, surprisingly. An agent I have talked to agrees that BF is not good right now, so have been looking more towards Benin, but it is right next door! Funny that our State Dept did not downgrade Benin's status recently when other countries State Dept's did if temporarily due to some incursions from BF. I did email the US Consulate in Benin to pick their brains and they really gave me no guidance other than do your own due diligence and monitor all sites that report on the security status of these countries. They did not confirm nor deny that there had been any issues. The one site I check regularly http://www.etravelalerts.com/security/ , had recently reported on incursions from BF into Benin, but has since removed them from that list of issue states. Wish I knew more.
As Scott mentioned the situation in western Africa is not good. BF certainly IMO will not be huntable for a few years from what I ve heard, providing they can get a handle on the terrorists. The trackers in BF are refusing to go into the bush until they feel completely safe. Benin has been getting some terror activity in the NW portion of the country. One sponsor here that I ve spoken with isn't advertising BF for 2019 so that pretty much says it all. Since my PH in Namibia received a leopard tag for 2019 that pretty much made up my mind to postpone Benin or BF for a few years as see what happens. Certainly not worth the risk.

Guys, thank you. I hope the situation improves and they are both back on the table in the near future.
John, very happy to hear your Outfitter in Namibia got a Leopard tag. You can uncross your fingers now! :D I’m excited for you. I know you will keep us posted ;)
 
YA keeping my fingers crossed for a few years has been tough!;)
 
I’m Glad you posed that question in 2018 because Christmas Day 2020 and things are still unknown.

Merry Christmas
 
Yeah, still P'od about how that went. I was really looking forward to that hunt. Oh well....
 
At this point no idea. Had made other plans but all fell thru for one reason or another. No plans at this time.:(
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,896
Members
169,463
Latest member
DarrylTeno
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top