Whats in your pockets when you hunt?

@CBH
Chris I carry my phone, lighter and handkerchief. The last item doubles as a nose rag and bum wiper in emergency. I also carry my Garmin back track. I have a son so he carries the rest like water and knives and first aid kit in a small backpack.
Bob
And there will be no complaining young Master Nelson -Whelen.
A small price to pay for hunting Namibia at 15.

Bob, the seamless neck scarfe (snood),is $2 on Ebay. I can wrap it around my watch, keep warm or use it as emergency crap wrap. I mostly do short walks.

this is about all I carry

Toilet paper
Pocket knife
Flashlight
Wallet/licenses
Extra bullets on belt

small pocket of camel back
Extra batteries
Pair of shoelaces
Etrex gps
Leatherman
Lighter
Phone

I have a fanny pack I "ALWAYS" carry out with me when I hunt. It has a few basic survival items in it on the outside chance I end up needing to spend the night out in the sticks. I won't bore you with the list because most of you can figure out what is in it. I am not accustomed to hunting with a PH and tracker so I don't know if this stuff will be needed or not. Anyone ever have to spend an unexpected night out in the bush. For you veteran hunters out there, what do carry with you besides your gun, ammo, and optics? Is a range finder pretty much standard issue for most PH's also?
Small sling backpack on the truck and just ammo, leather man, Binos, head lamp, and not much else on me.

It is different for different hunts. A Cape Buffalo hunt may require tons of walking and so, lots of water, bullets, toilet paper, chapstick, first aid kit, small backpack, bino, phone for camera, sunscreen, flash light, knife, lighter, insect repellent, rain jacket, extra socks, etc. These always stay in my hunting pack.

But if dumping out of the truck to put on a spot and stalk then one water, bullets on belt, and very little. The rest will be in the backpack on the truck.

If hunting Kudu or anything in the mountains. I carry a backpack (never a fanny pack unless you want to be abused) as above with a butt pad to sit on and a small spotting scope.

Food and drinks are always supplied by the guide. And of course at least one rifle but two is better especially if in dangerous game area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you