Whats in the Box?

I've had one deer mounted, and before heading to Africa, I really wasn't sure what bad taxidermy looked like. My deer was done by a family friend who's husband gave her the course as an anniversary gift. She mounted my deer her first year doing it, it has always looked good to me, but I wasn't sure where it actually fell in the quality spectrum. It is leaps and bounds better than what we received.

Now I know what to look for!

The horns are removed, that's just whats underneath
Thanks Aaron, interesting way to do it. Picking my crate up this afternoon from my Eastern Cape safari. I hope all is well with the trophies.

Thanks Aaron, interesting way to do it. Picking my crate up this afternoon from my Eastern Cape safari. I hope all is well with the trophies.

Fingers crossed!

I'm wondering..... This is over a year ago.... How did everything turn out in the end? Did Paul do anything for you?

Honestly he didn’t seem overly concerned. I think he offered to send another cape, but then it costs $1000+ to get one re-mounted around here.

I have all my safari work done by Safari Specialties Inc. They handle everything from when it leaves the outfitter until it gets to my taxidermist here in the USA. They work with Karoo Taxidermists in SA for dip and pack. I talked at some length with them before my first hunt and got some excellent advice which has proved out. They pulled no punches in evaluating various taxidermists in Africa and strongly recommended dip and pack with Karoo. That way you get to control what happens here in the states. It's also much cheaper because trophies ship by weight and volume. Dip and pack takes much less space and trophies suffer no crate damage.

Here in the US I use Animal Artistry Taxidermists in Reno, Nevada. My first hunt netted me 10 head and they turned out beautifully. I'm waiting on 4 more from my last hunt in April. My hunt trophies left SA in August and got to Reno in Sep. AA guarantees 90 day delivery so I am going to get a real nice Christmas present again this year.

Still waiting on our stuff from August 2017. Supposed to have left the Taxidermist for the shipping company in September. Still sitting in their warehouse for shipping.:E Shrug:
Trying to wait patiently.:E Zen:

Still waiting on our stuff from August 2017. Supposed to have left the Taxidermist for the shipping company in September. Still sitting in their warehouse for shipping.:E Shrug:
Trying to wait patiently.:E Zen:
Who did the work for you and who is the shipper?

Who did the work for you and who is the shipper?
I’ll have to ask my uncle. Went on a group hunt with him. Used the outfitters taxidermist, saw a lot of his work and liked it. They finished up around August. Not sure who the shipper is, my uncle has been in regular contact with them. Some problem with a group of employees walking out and having to move stuff from one location to another, backed up, blah, blah. It’s killing me but I’m not known for patience.

Lmao! Will, this is quite the test for you then! I hope your mounts turn out excellent for you! Will you let us know?

Lmao! Will, this is quite the test for you then! I hope your mounts turn out excellent for you! Will you let us know?
Definitely, I’ll post some pics as soon as I get my eyes on the stuff.

Sad to see. Amature work at best. Taxidermy that looks decent 10' away, shows it's true worth when your inches away....That is one of the worse seam finishes I have ever seen. Sorry for your frustration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,