AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
I've had one deer mounted, and before heading to Africa, I really wasn't sure what bad taxidermy looked like. My deer was done by a family friend who's husband gave her the course as an anniversary gift. She mounted my deer her first year doing it, it has always looked good to me, but I wasn't sure where it actually fell in the quality spectrum. It is leaps and bounds better than what we received.

Now I know what to look for!

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
The horns are removed, that's just whats underneath
Thanks Aaron, interesting way to do it. Picking my crate up this afternoon from my Eastern Cape safari. I hope all is well with the trophies.

Aaron Nietfeld

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
Thanks Aaron, interesting way to do it. Picking my crate up this afternoon from my Eastern Cape safari. I hope all is well with the trophies.

Fingers crossed!

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I'm wondering..... This is over a year ago.... How did everything turn out in the end? Did Paul do anything for you?

Aaron Nietfeld

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
Honestly he didn’t seem overly concerned. I think he offered to send another cape, but then it costs $1000+ to get one re-mounted around here.

Newboomer

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
I have all my safari work done by Safari Specialties Inc. They handle everything from when it leaves the outfitter until it gets to my taxidermist here in the USA. They work with Karoo Taxidermists in SA for dip and pack. I talked at some length with them before my first hunt and got some excellent advice which has proved out. They pulled no punches in evaluating various taxidermists in Africa and strongly recommended dip and pack with Karoo. That way you get to control what happens here in the states. It's also much cheaper because trophies ship by weight and volume. Dip and pack takes much less space and trophies suffer no crate damage.

Here in the US I use Animal Artistry Taxidermists in Reno, Nevada. My first hunt netted me 10 head and they turned out beautifully. I'm waiting on 4 more from my last hunt in April. My hunt trophies left SA in August and got to Reno in Sep. AA guarantees 90 day delivery so I am going to get a real nice Christmas present again this year.

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape)
Still waiting on our stuff from August 2017. Supposed to have left the Taxidermist for the shipping company in September. Still sitting in their warehouse for shipping.:E Shrug:
Trying to wait patiently.:E Zen:

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Still waiting on our stuff from August 2017. Supposed to have left the Taxidermist for the shipping company in September. Still sitting in their warehouse for shipping.:E Shrug:
Trying to wait patiently.:E Zen:
Who did the work for you and who is the shipper?

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Who did the work for you and who is the shipper?
I’ll have to ask my uncle. Went on a group hunt with him. Used the outfitters taxidermist, saw a lot of his work and liked it. They finished up around August. Not sure who the shipper is, my uncle has been in regular contact with them. Some problem with a group of employees walking out and having to move stuff from one location to another, backed up, blah, blah. It’s killing me but I’m not known for patience.

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Lmao! Will, this is quite the test for you then! I hope your mounts turn out excellent for you! Will you let us know?

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Lmao! Will, this is quite the test for you then! I hope your mounts turn out excellent for you! Will you let us know?
Definitely, I’ll post some pics as soon as I get my eyes on the stuff.

harden

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Asia/M.East
Sad to see. Amature work at best. Taxidermy that looks decent 10' away, shows it's true worth when your inches away....That is one of the worse seam finishes I have ever seen. Sorry for your frustration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharliTull

Latest profile posts

raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!
Sarg wrote on Philippe's profile.
Hello Philippe, did you get my PM that I sent you earlier ?

Regards Mark
raamw wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Can you advise me to properly post pix, sometimes I get it right sometimes not
Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.