What stocks are you trading today

Look at Lockheed, GD, and Northrop over the last few years.

I do have a defense fund now that owns all three in its top 10. Sadly though I got in at the wrong time and I'm down 27% since I bought it. Not selling though as it is a long term investment that I still believe will beat the market over the next 10 years.

Right now I am mostly trading out synthetic stocks for wood stocks on my rifles.

Just when you think oil has hit rock bottom it just crashed straigth through that bottom. Negative prices, wtf?

Just when you think oil has hit rock bottom it just crashed straigth through that bottom. Negative prices, wtf?

Will it keep going until May when productions get cut? I’m wondering if I’ve missed the boat on an ETF for bear oil?

Clearly I’ve Missed the big boat, but is there still further down to go?

Will it keep going until May when productions get cut? I’m wondering if I’ve missed the boat on an ETF for bear oil?

Clearly I’ve Missed the big boat, but is there still further down to go?
Today was the settle date for May volumes. There is a massive oversupply due largely to Covid-related stay at home orders (i.e. much less travel) and businesses shutting down, as well as the Saudi/Russia oil spat. Oil will come back when demand comes back.

That is a very simplistic explanation, but I would not expect $80 or $100 oil any time soon.

I'm at 89% of my high right now and 103% of last July 1. I use last July as I made some consolidation of accounts at the time and therefore an easier exercise to figure net worth.

I would bet that 89% off the high puts you well into the 90 percentiles which is great after all that has happened.

Look at Lockheed, GD, and Northrop over the last few years.

I do have a defense fund now that owns all three in its top 10. Sadly though I got in at the wrong time and I'm down 27% since I bought it. Not selling though as it is a long term investment that I still believe will beat the market over the next 10 years.

You rich warmongers.;)

I'm a Jack Bogel of Vanguard fan. Don't know anything about trading stocks. I basically hold my age in inflation bonds short term corporates and the TSP g fund. My stock portfolio is 70 percent Total stock market index and 20% total international index. Just rebalance every year. Only thing I have ever did different is when the market goes on sale like in the financial crisis and now. Basically just betting on the US economy which has been a pretty good bet.

I am a stock guy with relatively little in mutual funds, and I am too old to be interested in bonds. I sat on my primaries, and I am still up 27% from 17 Apr 19 - all S&P 500 with a heavy defense mix.
We do like to go with what we know don't we;)

I would bet that 89% off the high puts you well into the 90 percentiles which is great after all that has happened.

You’ve got me beat, I’m sitting just north of 85% of my high. I’ve sidelined a fair bit and have a structured but back in place. I may be being too conservative but I feel like the market is still searching for the floor.

You’ve got me beat, I’m sitting just north of 85% of my high. I’ve sidelined a fair bit and have a structured but back in place. I may be being too conservative but I feel like the market is still searching for the floor.

That's an excellent job of holding on to wealth also.

Also agree that the floor will be retested. Perhaps numerous times, with new floors being established. PE's were at ridiculous numbers prior to the crash. With no earnings/negative earnings, PE's are probably higher now than they were two months ago. I am no sage, but feel it will be a long time before we see a DOW at 29k again.

Central Bankers have held rates low for so long that bubbles developed in all asset classes. Those bubbles have popped or will pop. There is no where to put cash at the moment, and the Fed is debasing the currency with new debt and printing of money.

Anyone with a higher net worth EOY 2020 and EOY 2021 as compared to EOY 2019, has done a great job IMHO.

Agree on the market. I've made a couple more moves this week due in part to my belief the market will dropp fairly significantly again.
  1. Sold out of a couple more mutual fund/ETFs that were underperforming their sector and put that money in better performers for the sector
  2. Moved some money out of consumer sector into cash, with the intent of moving it into the tech sector (overall - will put into QQQ so not pure tech) as I think "tech" will recover prior to broader consumer
  3. Bond % went from 24% to 43% - view this as almost zero risk - if market goes down 10% or more I will move back into stock, in stages. If the market goes up it isn't likely to sky rocket at any point soon I don't think, so I will "lose" relatively little and I'm really where I should be "by the book" from an allocation standpoint
I'm definitely not trying to get rich quick. I am trying to make up some losses more quickly than by just sitting pat. And, I've definitely put logical thought into what happens to my portfolio if the broad market goes up or down and tried to mitigate risk both ways. Time will tell!

And, I've definitely put logical thought into what happens..........!

Do logical thoughts come from illogical minds.:whistle:

Asking for a friend.;)

Reactions: WAB
Do logical thoughts come from illogical minds.:whistle:

Asking for a friend.;)

p-star-trek--leonard-nimoy.jpg

I made no trades today and it worked pretty well. LOL

Moderate longs in various pharma, medical equipment, big tech, LMT, and major hosehold products suppliers such as PEP, JNJ, and PG (all solid companies with decent dividends), continues to work while keeping risk on the low side, it seems. Plus lots of dry powder.

Edit: I did trade some cash for a CZ 550 American in 9.3x62 last night (gunbroker auction). :)

Look into commercial lending funds that sit first seat on underlying assets.

Digital currencies have mirrored the stock market when it doesn't seem like they should. Digitals were probably a bubble also and needed some air released. Yesterday it looked like XBT might start separating from the DOW. Today it looked like they separated until the last 20 minutes of the equity market.

I stuck my toe in the water and picked up some XBT. For the last week it has been in a narrow range (relatively). If it breaks out north I will add to the position. If it breaks south I am out of it.

If equities wallow or fall some more, XBT may have some upside possibilities. I still am not big on digitals and wouldn't put a large percent of net worth in them. It just provides a trade that might run counter to the market.

Bought at $5,200/unit

This trade, XBT, broke out of its trading range and I have added to the position.

Bought at $5,400/Unit

XBT broke out again and I added to the position for a second time in the last 15 hours. So far it has stayed above the breakout. Perhaps it has decoupled from the market.

USD will probably continue to be the currency of choice going forward. For people other than Americans that don't have great Forex options, XBT might be the answer. Up 17% in the last 24h. Digitals have all moved well today.

Bought at $6,800/unit

Added to position again on XBT today. Wasn't on a breakout as there doesn't seem to be resistance until around 8000. Just bought on dip. Crypto seems to have severed itself from the markets. This may become a decent upward play if equity markets have issues. The virus may push more people in third world countries away from their sovereign currency.

Bought at $7,000/unit

Wish investing was always this easy. Obviously it is not. This is just a hedge against the market and against the USD.

There doesn't seem to be much upside in equities at the moment. If the world goes back to work and there is still 10%+ unemployment and the economy stinks, and PE's are in the 20's or higher, will the stock market stay up? Seems that a V shaped recover may turn into a series of WWWWW's. Not sure what that would do to XBT, but it might not completely parallel equities.

UhOPu4s5

Attachments

• UhOPu4s5.png
    UhOPu4s5.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 52

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!