echosue

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa. Oregon, Idaho and Montana USA

This video was taken in 2018 in the Limpopo District during a bowhunt. I had my bow with me but no other weapons were available. We tried to manage to get out of the blind to take a shot but it heard the door open and quickly (very quickly) went into and hole a few feet away. The PH with us felt it was approximately 8-10 feet long. The mongoose circled for a long time but the snake never came back out. I can tell you that I was very nervous using the facilities from that point on and every stick looked liked a snake. Iconic thing to see but not really my favorite thing.

Thank you for your comment, I would have liked to have gotten clearer video but through a one way glass window it is a bit hard. And you probably could tell I was a little freaked out. I cannot imagine nearly stepping on a snake and am glad you did not. It could have been a very bad thing for you.

Regards,

Sue

I wouldn’t need the “facilities” after seeing that! Very unique experience! Thanks for sharing...I think?

Much better outside than inside the blind :E Horrified:

I wouldn’t need the “facilities” after seeing that! Very unique experience! Thanks for sharing...I think?
Believe me I was taking some very dainty steps and my head was swiveling like LindaBlairs in The Exorcist! Suffice it to say I did not linger either.

Neat footage, thank you.

I came too close to stepping on a little brown snake that was stationary in a shallow creek I was crossing yesterday.
As you are from Australia, I think you have some venomous nasty little snakes too don't you? I would love to photograph Australia! Keep on hunting and look where you are walking, k.

Much better outside than inside the blind :E Horrified:

I totally agree, I am pretty sure that had we seen it in the blind there would have been quite a load of laundry to be done and someone could have died, either from the snake, the fright, or the number of round going off inside the blind. Or perhaps the less then rosy smell once things calmed down! Hard to tell and have no desire to find out which it would have been!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg