What Line Of Work Are You In

I just retired for the second and last time. First one was in 1997 after 21 years active duty in the Marine Corps. Retired as a Master Sergeant. Second career was airline pilot and I just retired in June after 26 years flying airplanes. I was a Captain on Airbus A320/321.

Every time we were Held by the "Arthur M. Anderson" .. I would try to get a Photo.
It's Spooky to still see it, the Hx, etc. View attachment 552603View attachment 552604
I spent seven years on sea duty. First a big amphibious ship, then a destroyer. Rode a couple of hurricanes and some north Atlantic storms, but I'm pretty sure nothing like what the Anderson and Fitzgerald faced in November of '75

I spent seven years on sea duty. First a big amphibious ship, then a destroyer. Rode a couple of hurricanes and some north Atlantic storms, but I'm pretty sure nothing like what the Anderson and Fitzgerald faced in November of '75
Thanks for sharing just as well. I heard a theory; Lake Superior has Conflicting Currents that makes it difficult to Navigate in Heavy Seas .. The Anderson had reservations about going back to Search for The Fitgerald when asked by the USCG ..
(Audio Attached)

Last edited:
Full time pastor for 35 years. 15 years ago my wife and I started a training and boarding kennel . I eventually transitioned out of professional ministry ( but still haven’t retired). Now I train dogs for a living full time and help run the kennel.

Former US Army officer, got out after 6 years and got an MBA. Now at a private investment firm in Austin, TX investing in private real estate (debt and equity) and leveraged buyouts (debt and equity). Individual investments in the neighborhood of $100mm+.

Last edited:
After high school I spent 3 years in the Army as MP. Then I was a firefighter/paramedic for 35 years retiring as a Battalion Chief on the Cleveland Fire Department. I worked many side jobs over the years and still work as a caregiver for special needs adults.
I served 5 yrs 'c "Southfield Fire Dept." Career Medic/Firefighter.
Shortly after I left: Our Admin Chief Drown

What they wouldn't say: Our Chief & Lt. were in a Boat with 2 Women "Who Weren't Their Wives" Under the Influence. The Chief (Water Rescue/High Angle/Confined Space) Dove in to Retrieve the Womens Hat that Blown off.

Last edited:
21 Years active duty in the US Marines. Promoted 10 times from Private to Gunnery Sergeant, Warrant Officer 1 to Chief Warrant Officer 3, then promoted to Captain as a Limited Duty Officer (LDO = Load, Dumb, and Obnoxious). LDOs in the Naval services are very specialized officers, although I’ve been told we are often hard to deal with…

After my Marine Corps service, I found myself as a consultant working in FBI Headquarters. After a couple years of the FBI job, my company shifted me to Army and Marine Corps projects. After 25 years consulting, I work every day, to slowly improve the Army and Marine Corps. When I splat against a wall of government regulations seeming developed to sink any hope of progress, I pick myself up and develop a lateral or vertical envelopment to maneuver around those impediments to progress. When others say “Who said you can do that?” I respond “Nobody said we can’t”. Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

1693138123982.png

PS: This is an old meme. November 10, 2023 the US Marine Corps will be 248 years old.
That's 248 years of tradition, unhindered by progress!

21 Years active duty in the US Marines. Promoted 10 times from Private to Gunnery Sergeant, Warrant Officer 1 to Chief Warrant Officer 3, then promoted to Captain as a Limited Duty Officer (LDO = Load, Dumb, and Obnoxious). LDOs in the Naval services are very specialized officers, although I’ve been told we are often hard to deal with…

After my Marine Corps service, I found myself as a consultant working in FBI Headquarters. After a couple years of the FBI job, my company shifted me to Army and Marine Corps projects. After 25 years consulting, I work every day, to slowly improve the Army and Marine Corps. When I splat against a wall of government regulations seeming developed to sink any hope of progress, I pick myself up and develop a lateral or vertical envelopment to maneuver around those impediments to progress. When others say “Who said you can do that?” I respond “Nobody said we can’t”. Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

View attachment 553558

PS: This is an old meme. November 10, 2023 the US Marine Corps will be 248 years old.
That's 248 years of tradition, unhindered by progress!
If the above doesn't resonate to all, perhaps this eloquent Marine's words will;
PS: I wish I could speak this well...

Every time we were Held by the "Arthur M. Anderson" .. I would try to get a Photo.
It's Spooky to still see it, the Hx, etc. View attachment 552603View attachment 552604
My first cousin sailed with the Oglebay Norton line for many years in the late 60s, 70s, and 80s. I’m not sure if he was ever on the Arthur M. Anderson but I know he sailed on most except the Edmund Fitzgerald. I still don’t know how a North Carolina farm boy ended up sailing the Great Lakes.

My first cousin sailed with the Oglebay Norton line for many years in the late 60s, 70s, and 80s. I’m not sure if he was ever on the Arthur M. Anderson but I know he sailed on most except the Edmund Fitzgerald. I still don’t know how a North Carolina farm boy ended up sailing the Great Lakes.
That's cool! I question why I ended up here, just the same ..

1693164034040.png

Television production truck driver, yes just a dumb truck driver.
@Flewis
No such thing as a dumb truck driver mate. I was an interstate truck driver for nigh on 30 years.
In the beginning late 70s it was bloody hard work but got easier as engines got bigger and fork lifts became more common along with tippers. I started interstate in a 180hp truck and ended in a 600hp.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinTill6

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.