What is the worst rifle you have ever owned?

That's an easy one for me, my first was a Remmy 7600 in 280 followed by a Remmy 7400 in 30-06.

No doubt those are fav's for the East Coasters but I'll be damned if I could get either to shoot well enough to put meat in the freezer.

Could it have been me, sure. But when the local gunshop smith took it to the range even he was in disbelief.

At that point on, I've been shooting bolt guns.

Tika T3 lite for me in 30-06. Gun shot patterns instead of groups with any factory ammo I shot out of it. It went down the road

The worst gun I ever owned was a Savage M110E in 7mm Rem Mag. I was young and broke but wanted a new hunting rifle. I bought it on sale for just a couple hundred dollars. It shot okay as I recall but the darn safety lever would engage but internally the safety would not. A seriously dangerous situation. I remember how I discovered the issue. On its first hunting trip, I loaded the rifle, including the chamber, set the safety and pulled the trigger. Boom! Thankfully, the gun was pointed in a safe direction. That gun sat for the rest of the hunting trip. Upon my return, the gun went directly to a smith that diagnosed and fixed the problem. The safety worked for a while and the the problem occurred again. That was enough for me. The gun went down the road with full disclosure. Since then, I’ve never been a fan of Savage Arms.

The worst gun I ever owned was a Savage M110E in 7mm Rem Mag. I was young and broke but wanted a new hunting rifle. I bought it on sale for just a couple hundred dollars. It shot okay as I recall but the darn safety lever would engage but internally the safety would not. A seriously dangerous situation. I remember how I discovered the issue. On its first hunting trip, I loaded the rifle, including the chamber, set the safety and pulled the trigger. Boom! Thankfully, the gun was pointed in a safe direction. That gun sat for the rest of the hunting trip. Upon my return, the gun went directly to a smith that diagnosed and fixed the problem. The safety worked for a while and the the problem occurred again. That was enough for me. The gun went down the road with full disclosure. Since then, I’ve never been a fan of Savage Arms.
Myself very skeptical of Remington's Walker trigger-group safety failure reports. ~2ys after my African safari, the Rem. 700 rifle from that hunt was recalled ... rather than be without it for Remington to repair, I just replaced the trigger with a Timney. In '18(?) I bought a Rem. 600: Remington had re-worked the trigger and stamped the shoe ... GtG, right? Wrong. At the range one day, I accidentally and unaware engaged the safety, bumped it ~1/4 of its travel. Trigger wouldn't move ... I remembered the stories ... aimed; while aiming reached over to disengage the safety and the safety fired the rifle. Not one more shot fired until that too had been replaced with a Timney.

No longer skeptical.

My worst rifle overall was a sporterized Lee Enfield. Not accurate and kicked like heck. My most disappointing rifle was a Browning BL22. Bought it new, beautiful rifle with excellent craftsmanship. Only problem is it could do better than 2.5” at 50 yards. Got tired of missing grouse so I sold it.

My worst rifle overall was a sporterized Lee Enfield. Not accurate and kicked like heck. My most disappointing rifle was a Browning BL22. Bought it new, beautiful rifle with excellent craftsmanship. Only problem is it could do better than 2.5” at 50 yards. Got tired of missing grouse so I sold it.
Same on the Enfield. No 4 Mk1 sporterized, had no rear right and the original sight base was milled off. Had a sight put on and it keyhole every other round. Wish I could get a new barrel for it.

I don't know the last one was a charter arms bulldog in 44.special terrible grouping.u start at 15yds and move forward till u hit the paper.traded it for a 9mm shield and 50 bucks.good trade.the Taurus tracker is a POS too.it mashes my middle finger in the trigger guard.even with houge grips.traded that off.then there's that Amt backup the real Jamamatic.as far as rifles the 721 in 300 hh.was a real classic.
Like my friend said damn even the old Remington's we're a POS.

Unfortunately, it was a Weatherby Mark V .300 Weatherby Mag Euromark.

It was the prettiest gun I had ever seen, but it would not shoot accurately with any ammo.

I tried many things to get that gun to shoot well for 20 years, then finally had it rebarreled in .257 Weatherby and it shot great after that.

I guess the factory barrel was flawed.

I had a friend who bought 2 Accumarks, that were anything but accurate.

The worst rifle which I have ever used, was a Remington Model 700 in .375 Holland & Holland Magnum. The extractor is simply too flimsy for reliably extracting the large casings of the .375 Holland & Holland Magnum.

The second worst would have to be a Weatherby Mark V in .460 Weatherby Magnum. I absolutely loathe muzzle brakes on a dangerous game rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzannaVal

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg