What exactly makes doubles so expensive?

"I have a two trigger Parker side by side. I would prefer one."

All my double guns and rifles have two triggers and I like it that way.
 
A double trigger served two purposes.

For the shotgun: it’s how a gentleman shoots. One shot, one bird down. No other system or selector can instantaneously select whether you’re shooting an open choke for a close bird or the right choke for a long poke. A single trigger ensures you must shoot the wrong choke missing/wounding the bird before you have access to the correct (2nd) barrel.

For the double rifle: it provides mimickry of the double shotgun. You can affordable practice with a shotgun to build instincts that help you become a better rifle shooter. That is, provided you shoot a similarly configured weapon.

Lastly: it provides resiliency. Two springs, two barrels, two triggers, two hammers, two sears, it greatly reduces the chance of a ruined hunt. While you might have half a broken gun, you still can use it as a single shot if you have a double trigger because it’s likely half the gun still works.

For the people that want a single trigger double gun or rifle, you’re welcome to do so. Their values are considerably lower so if you want to do it in a way that contravenes these benefits, you will pay a lot less. Just like you get a discount on anything that has a latent design flaw.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,359
Members
169,536
Latest member
KieranChap
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top