What camera lense

I highly recommend that you get a longer zoom lens with stabilization built-in. The stabilization is key because I doubt you're going to pull out a tripod and take a photo on time delay when you're snapping picks of animals in the bush around dusk.

I have a Nikon and used primarily my 70-300mm lens. It was enough zoom to capture animals we spotted on the back of the truck.

Good luck and enjoy your safari!
 
I again agree with the 70/75-300 zoom you will be able to get one as low as $400 up to a couple thousand. The less you are changing lenses the better.
 
Cannon and Pentax are two different companies like Cannon and Nikon.
You might be able to get an adapter to use a Pentax lense but you would be better off getting a cannon lens.
 
Go with Canon

We stick with Canon cause then it makes things easy
Mom has her Canon and dad has his cannon, :W Rockets:.
Both shooting animals
Both needing accessories
Both needing upgrades
Frequently :E Oh Yeah:
 
Nikon makes recent (for digital cameras) in two sizes, depending on the sensor screen. so there is some variation as to which lens will work best on the camera. However, with the larger screen (the more expensive models) virtually any of the older lenses designed for the film cameras will work. so those that have the older lenses won't have to change-over if they get one of the bodies that use the film lenses.
 
Please Please Huntinlabs .!!!!
Whatever photo or video equipment your good lady takes to africa ,
practise practise practise with it till you can do it in poor light with your eyes closed !!
Dont learn how to use it when you get there .
Make every memory count.
YOU CANT TAKE TO MANY PHOTOS .
 
She has been taking some with the lense she has now making sure she knows where all the quick settings are by memory only and not looking at the camera
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,612
Members
169,382
Latest member
MarilynMac
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top