What a Sako worth

Jeff P

AH member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
43
Reaction score
9
Deals & offers
1
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
1
My brother has a old Sako Finnbesr 375 H&H. I don't think it has ever been fired.i have not seen it in years. I've told him several times I wanted to buy it. He said today he was going to sell it to me. Now we have it figure out what it's worth. Any ideas??
 
Once you find out me his email address and I'll make a bid! :)

There are some knowledgable gun nuts on here that should help you.
Not my forte.
 
Sorry I can's give you a strright forward answer but it really depends on a couple of things.

First and foremost is it's condition. It may very be unfired but get a good look at the stock and blue condition. I've seen unfired guns badly banged up.

Secondly, with sako rifles it depends on the improter. There were a few different importers for sakos and that's really where the value comes in. The Sakos which fetch the most are pre-Garcia Sakos. These are known to be the best...from early 70s and prior. Garica and Stoeger imports generally don't fetch as much and there quality is not know to be as good. A garcia import should be stamped as such somehwere on the barrel. I'm not sure if Stoeger imports where stamped. But, you should be able to google this and find a ton of info. Hope this helps.
 
Thanks that helps. I'll have to take a look. I'm thinking it is from the early 70's. I'm sure it will be in perfect condition. He has over 100 guns. Most new in the box, and stored in perfect conditions. After 60 years of buying and not shooting hardly any of them. He has decided to sell most of them. When I get more info on this one ill repost this. We need a price fair for both of us.
 
Right now there is a Sako L61R Finnbear in .375 H&H Magnum with a 24" barrel Garcia import for $1000.00 on Gunbroker. There is also a Sako 85 90th Anniversary # 5 of 90 375 H&H Retail $40,000. Guess we need some more info.... Quite a range in price, don't want you or your brother to get screwed. Keep us posted, I will help any way I can.
 
Right now there is a Sako L61R Finnbear in .375 H&H Magnum with a 24" barrel Garcia import for $1000.00 on Gunbroker. There is also a Sako 85 90th Anniversary # 5 of 90 375 H&H Retail $40,000. Guess we need some more info.... Quite a range in price, don't want you or your brother to get screwed. Keep us posted, I will help any way I can.
Yes 35, but one is essentially a custom gun. It's like comparing a standard Winchester to a Rigby...big difference.

Jeff...I forgot to mention that caliber can also play a role in price. Generally magnum calibers fetch more money. If it's mint and had the box, and you loved it, and it was a magnum caliber, and it's a pre-Garcia, then I'm going to say about $1,500. But since your'e brothers maybe a grand, and if you're really close brothers maybe he'll just give it to you :D.

Try and get the exact model, determine if it's a pre garcia, and check gun broker, gunsinternational, and the Cabelas gun library for pricing.
 
Google Sako Collectors Forum, there's a ton of information there. I have 4 sakos and love them all, value? To me priceless, but they're MY guns.

Good information about the importers and "collector's value". I have pre-garcia, garcia and Stoegar, the difference is mainly inthe bolt, but 3 of mine have been customized.
 
I have a L61R in .338WM, great gun !
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,349
Messages
1,573,683
Members
169,822
Latest member
NestorBoyn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top