What’s your guys opinion on a 375 flanged double rifle by Sabatti?

VC cannot be compared to a Heym....chalk and cheese....

I'd like to hear what @Red Leg has to say about VC after his experiences.
I own one - a 9.3x74R

Out of the box, the safety had to be worked over to make it usable. JJ also worked on the triggers which measured 6 and 7.5 lbs. At the same time, I had him fit scope mounts to the factory bases.

I have yet to take it hunting. The tightest composite group it has fired with any 9.3 ammunition at 100 yards is around six-inches. It will have to be re-regulated.

It is clearly not yet the "perfect" Continental OU for which I was searching. Though I likely could have purchased one for the investment this one has become.

I own 2 Sabatti double rifles both are CAB serial numbers, 450/400 and 470. I sent sent them to Ken Owen to work his magic . He shortened the stock, added recoil pad and regulated them. The 470 he also added a recoil reducer. For the money and Ken’s magic they shoot very well. Ken knows these guns inside and out and can turn them around in short time at a reasonable cost. I have taken Buffalo, zebra, impala and giraffe with the 450/400 and absolutely love the gun. If you can pick one up for a good price and send it to Ken you will have money left over to spend on a safari.

Utter crap, avoid like the plague. My friend bought one from Cabelas and it was a piece of shit. The regulation was done with a Dremel tool. Triggers where 9 and 12 lbs, shot like a shotgun. And the worst part was Sabatti would not honor any part of the warranty. No respect for a company that tells you to bugger off.

My Blaser S2 with .375 barrels attached has worked extraordinarily well as a general purpose rifle on everything from buffalo to Duiker - from 25ft to 250 yards. An accurate flanged .375 will do exactly the same thing.

The right double rifle, properly set up, can be far more and far different than just a stopping rifle. Just saying. :cool:
Agree Tanks. I took my Chapuis 450-400 to Africa this year as my only rifle and took buffalo, nyala, warthog, wildebeest and impala. I don’t understand why people who have not taken the time to practice with a quality well made DR think they are only extremely short range or just stopper guns. I am not saying go take 250 yard shots with one unless you can but I feel good with mine to 150 with my red dot scope

Pull your pistol.
Actually, I would think you could butt stroke something and reset the second trigger, but I personally have no interest in a gun with two barrels and one trigger. Why I never pursued one of the ones Clarke's were putting out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,