Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

Two things. First, what's an F?
Second. Thank you @Bob Nelson 35Whelen for NOT "inflicting that view on the world"!

Oh, and I know what an F is, just like teasing my American friends about their ridiculous system. :E Laugh:
Oh, and it's about -16°C here. So about 3°F? You know, shorts and T-shirt weather!
@Cam Moon
I could not inflict that on the world.
People would be running around screaming in terror. Kids would need trauma counselling for the rest of their lives as well. So no it ain't going to happen.
Bob

28C is about 82F.
With Fahrenheit water freezes at 32 and boils at 212
To roughly convert F to C subtract 30 then divided by 2.
Note that the google converter I used above and the quick formula are 2 degrees apart. But I can’t do the exact formula in my head. It just gets you close.
Liquid nitrogen has a boiling point of -195.8 degrees Celsius or -320F. Just FYI in case you want to try the old dipping of a banana in a vat of nitrogen trick for entertainment on these COLD nights? Ha! Ha! Ha!

Right at freezing at 6AM, but sunny and picnic weather now in East Texas.
BUT - another Norther due in tonight.

Tomorrow is forecast to be well below freezing, winds to 30 MPH, with Wintry mix of precip likely to ice up roads by daylight.
I plan to stay home tomorrow.

PS Notice how I avoided specifying temperature measurement?
Come on crs, get out on those icy roads and be somebody! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Low of 1F this morning, 14 right now with a high of 15 today. Light snow now. Was out shoveling the little bit (3") of snow from last night in my T shoes and hoody. Not too bad, gloves were nice to have though.

CEH,
Sounds like fun but I have a bunch of 45-90 ammo to load tomorrow as my DR upgrade is done except for shooting it with the express sights and then filing those sights to be "just right".
It would be fun to pop something big with it later this spring. Maybe start with a feral hog or two.

2022030595125300.jpg

Winter Storm Quinlan turning into a "bomb cyclone"

Bomb Cyclone Forecast: It is likely to exceed the criterion to be deemed a "bomb cyclone," meaning its minimum surface pressure will drop at least 24 millibars in 24 hours or less.​

Uh oh!

It was 67 F today, sunny Spring like day in NW Louisiana. Forecast for tomorrow is snow and 29 for a low Friday night.

I rode my Road Glide to work today….wearing a sweatshirt however…..

If you would have hit a patch of ice, it could have brought a whole new meaning to your model of Harley!

A high of 50F today, 60F tomorrow and 2" of snow forecast for Saturday morning. Welcome to Pennsylvania.

If you would have hit a patch of ice, it could have brought a whole new meaning to your model of Harley!

Patch of ice in Phoenix, AZ and we'd be having a totally different discussion about Hell freezing over.

I remember driving through Phoenix at 1am to go hunting in the middle of February and always seeing a few crazy folks out riding their motorcycle down the road.

But I have to agree that if I lived in that area I'd be doing the same thing

Pretty decent here. It's warmed up a bit tonight. Had 6 degrees earlier but its all the way up to 14!

I'm thinking along the same lines of @PHOENIX PHIL ..... except ride my Ski Doo instead of a Harley ;)

Pretty decent here. It's warmed up a bit tonight. Had 6 degrees earlier but its all the way up to 14!

I'm thinking along the same lines of @PHOENIX PHIL ..... except ride my Ski Doo instead of a Harley ;)
I often think about moving to a colder climate, as i get older every summer seems to get more humid, humidity makes your guns rust & even stainless rusts too. But i do not like the cold either, winter is hunting season in QLD Australia, a cold morning is 5 C days get to about 25C T shirts & shorts type weather in winter i live for winter. the only problem is i am a keen on Barramundi fishing, these fish are active in water above 26C, and that is mid summer hot humid sweaty days

IMG_0094.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.