Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

Forecast was calling for 1-4" of snow starting last night. It only rained last night and never got below freezing. Quite unusual for February here. Our coldest month. Anyway, got off work at 0600 and woke up about 1400 and we had 6.25" of heavy, wet snow on the ground. Yahoo!
Good thing I'm 20 miles east. Only got an inch or two out here, but that was after some rain. Based on the puddles, probably got a good 1/2" or more of moisture.

It was minus 47 degrees in the low-lying areas in Fairbanks yesterday evening.

Ice fog has been awful. I had to go out at minus 37 the other day. Total ice fog in town. I could not see a thing. I have not experienced ice fog this bad for many, many years. I could not see the tail lights of cars in front of me until I was about five feet away. Drivers crept along at 10 miles an hour because five feet is not enough to make a quick stop on ice-coated roads. The fog was so dense I missed an intersection--literally did not see the lights at all. It is a bumpy ride at first because tires lose pressure in extreme temps and the rubber is stiff-frozen flat against the ground when the car has been sitting. Life in Fairbanks, Alaska!

Laura

-1C, no wind partly clouded.
Last three days, 2-3C, constant gale with gusts up to 48m/s (hurricane starts at 32m/s).

Eastern Europe - this is what the Celsius thermometer looks like this morning (it's a little warmer in the city nearby, but there are areas in the countryside where it's even colder). They lie on TV that it's only for two days. We'll see. The heating stations are operating at full capacity.
IMG-20240210-WA0004.jpg

Last night we had - 20 C here in the mountains of Norway...pretty normal..

Heating station in action
News from December 24, 2023. Scientists from the Institute of Atmospheric Physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, using three global climate models developed at this institute — FGOALS-f2, FGOALS-f3_L and NZC-PSM, came to the conclusion that the maximum will come in the coming months. Taking into account the long-term trend of global warming, the average temperature in winter will break a historical record. This will be especially felt in the middle and low latitudes Eurasia, as well as most regions of the Americas.

:)

Last night we had - 20 C here in the mountains of Norway...pretty normal..
but you have a free of charge Gulf Stream there and the sea is not freeze

5" of snow now and snowing hard.

Beautiful here, 34 and sunny, makes me wish I liked ice fishing.
I went ice fishing ONCE back in the mid '90s. Beautiful sunny day without a cloud in the sky...... and -25F! I'll pass after that adventure. LOL

71F. Did not expect early February to be when I discover that the car A/C isn’t working right!

I went ice fishing ONCE back in the mid '90s. Beautiful sunny day without a cloud in the sky...... and -25F! I'll pass after that adventure. LOL
Come up here and I’ll take you out. It’s one of the few things that makes winter bearable!!!

Come up here and I’ll take you out. It’s one of the few things that makes winter bearable!!!
I'd rather fish for walleye in Manitoba in June like I did three times in the '80s with my wife's uncle and sons out of Crookston,MN. Taking a 10' aluminum boat with a 2hp kicker up the river system and over three portages into the Nopiming Provincial Park. Camping on an island and catching walleye and pike. We filled a cooler full of walleye fillets. They just threw the pike back. Even a 42" one. At the time, Manitoba was the last Province to allow barbed hooks and a more generous fish possession limit of 8/16? Three of the best fishing adventures of my life!

I'd rather fish for walleye in Manitoba in June like I did three times in the '80s with my wife's uncle and sons out of Crookston,MN. Taking a 10' aluminum boat with a 2hp kicker up the river system and over three portages into the Nopiming Provincial Park. Camping on an island and catching walleye and pike. We filled a cooler full of walleye fillets. They just threw the pike back. Even a 42" one. At the time, Manitoba was the last Province to allow barbed hooks and a more generous fish possession limit of 8/16? Three of the best fishing adventures of my life!
We can still use barbed hooks in Saskatchewan, however there are some lakes that are designated barbless. I think Manitoba is entirely barbless now. I’ve tried fly fishing with my buddy in B.C. and I believe that barbs were legal. As for the rest of Canada, I have not been fishing yet so I don’t know. Hopefully one of my brother-in-laws take me fishing in Newfoundland next time we head out that way.

And how "barbed hooks" look like?

A little chilly on the way in to work this morning.
Screenshot_20240306_060839_Weather.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydiaR8063

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.